Sony Announces PS3 | PS3Blog.net
Sony has finally unveiled the PS3. Unfortunately, though we’ve gotten a glimpse of the console’s hardware specs, there is little about the software side of things.
– Blu-ray drive, supporting BD-ROM, CD-ROM, CDR+W, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R
– backwards compatible with PS2 and PS1
– Memory Stick Duo, SD, and Compact Flash memory slots
– detachable 2.5″ HD
– up to 7 Bluetooth controllers
– 6 USB slots, 4 in front, 2 on back
– 3.2GHz processor with 2.18 teraflops of performance
– 256MB XDR RAM @ 3.2GHz, 256MB GDDR VRAM @ 700MHz
– RSX “Reality Synthesizer” nVIDIA graphics chip has 128 bit pixels resolution and supports 1080p
The console will also support video conferencing, internet access, digital photos, and more. It will be released in the spring of 2006.
Link: ps3.ign.com – E3 2005: PS3 Official
Link: News.Com – Sony spills PlayStation 3’s guts
Link: FirstAdopter.com – Playstation 3 Specs, Details, and Launch Date Announced at E3 [includes pictures]
Link: Joystiq – Engadget & Joystiq’s live coverage of Sony’s PlayStation 3 launch [includes pictures]