If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the PS3, maybe even enough to buy one. And why would you want to do that? In no particular order, here’s what I came up with:
- HD with 1080p output. HD is awesome. The pinnacle of HD is 1920 x 1080 progressive, and the PS3 supports it.
- MGS4, or Metal Gear Solid 4. Need I really say more?
- Cell processor. The Cell processor looks to eclipse anything that’s come before. The physics power of the 7 SPE’s will make for games that rock!
- Blu-ray. The PS3 support Blu-ray drives for higher storage and for movies in HD.
- Bluetooth. The controllers use the Bluetooth wireless standard instead of something proprietary. You’ll also be able to use other Bluetooth devices with the PS3.
- Sony. Sony may have some problems here and there, but they know their stuff when it comes to gaming.
- PSP. Supposedly you’ll be able to use the PSP and PS3 together. It’ll be cool to see what they come up with.
- Online. Sony recognizes that online is becoming more important – the PS2 has more online users than any other platfrom (according to Sony). But on the other hand, they recognize that it is just part of the whole package. Personally, I look forward to downloading movie trailers in HD and other such goodies more than I do online play.
- PS2 Backwards Compatibility. The PS3 has it, so I won’t need to keep my PS2. (But how will I transfer my savegames?)
- Broad Industry Support. Already, 102 games have been announced for the PS3, and it is still a long way from release. Gran Turismo. Motorstorm. Heavenly Sword. Etc etc etc.
Would your top ten list be different? Tell me how.
Written by: Blackstaffer
- News Contributor