Top 10 Reasons to Wait for the PS3
If you’re reading this, you’re interested in the PS3, maybe even enough to buy one. And why would you want to do that? In no particular order, here’s what I came up with:
- HD with 1080p output. HD is awesome. The pinnacle of HD is 1920 x 1080 progressive, and the PS3 supports it.
- MGS4, or Metal Gear Solid 4. Need I really say more?
- Cell processor. The Cell processor looks to eclipse anything that’s come before. The physics power of the 7 SPE’s will make for games that rock!
- Blu-ray. The PS3 support Blu-ray drives for higher storage and for movies in HD.
- Bluetooth. The controllers use the Bluetooth wireless standard instead of something proprietary. You’ll also be able to use other Bluetooth devices with the PS3.
- Sony. Sony may have some problems here and there, but they know their stuff when it comes to gaming.
- PSP. Supposedly you’ll be able to use the PSP and PS3 together. It’ll be cool to see what they come up with.
- Online. Sony recognizes that online is becoming more important – the PS2 has more online users than any other platfrom (according to Sony). But on the other hand, they recognize that it is just part of the whole package. Personally, I look forward to downloading movie trailers in HD and other such goodies more than I do online play.
- PS2 Backwards Compatibility. The PS3 has it, so I won’t need to keep my PS2. (But how will I transfer my savegames?)
- Broad Industry Support. Already, 102 games have been announced for the PS3, and it is still a long way from release. Gran Turismo. Motorstorm. Heavenly Sword. Etc etc etc.
Would your top ten list be different? Tell me how.