DevStation PS3 Developer EU Conference | PS3Blog.net
SCE Europe’s years development conference, DevStation, is to be held March 1st and 2nd in London’s Brick Lane. Man, what I wouldn’t give to be a fly on the wall at that place!
The conference, which will take place in London’s Brick Lane from March 1st to March 2nd, has posted an extensive agenda online, which includes significant discussion on the Cell chip, graphics, art, performance, audio, networking, and a new tool named PSSG, which is described as “a PS3 optimised cross-platform graphics engine and tool-chain.”
Some of the things to be discussed will be:
- Operating System and Libraries
- SPU case studies in procedural geometry
- RSX Low Level API / RSX Performance Info
- Blu-ray – Mastering, Reading, Streaming
- OSD, Cross media bar, Game Saves, Controllers, Peripherals, Bluetooth, USB, Hard Drive
- Havok – Havok Complete 3.3 – SPU Utilisation
- Ageia – PhysX
- PSSG Intro
I’m encouraged to see that the HDD is in there, though of course this is no indication of whether or not it will be included by default.
Even more encouraging is that Sony will be discussing the PlayStation 3 in such an open forum. (Well, relatively open.) My guess is that by the time this conference happens, everyone will know a lot more about the PS3, so that this conference isn’t a surprise.