Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom Info | PS3Blog.net
The other day I was quite excited to hear that Untold Legends is coming to the PS3. Well, PS3 Today pointed me to Qj.net, who have some screenshots of the game which look decidedly mediocre. They don’t look next-gen at all. Maybe the game is coming to the PS2 and not the PS3? Nope, that’s not what the info says. The tables just hover on the floors, because they don’t have shadows to ground them. The textures and environments don’t look much better than Champions of Norrath. Quite disappointing. Still early days, though, so we’ll see. They do have some additional info about the game, though:
- Next-Gen Visual Experience: Experience next-gen graphics as delivered via textures and graphics designed for high definition 1080p displays.
- Unique Physics-Based Gameplay: Cell-powered, physics-based game mechanics will allow the heroes of Dark Kingdom to smash, break and fully interact with the game environments and even use enemy NPCs as living, unwilling weapons. Throw enemies against walls and watch them bounce to the environments.
- Epic Storyline: Immerse yourself in an intriguing storyline, written by Keith Baker, as you seek to end an evil king’s reign of oppression he has inflicted upon your fellow citizens – all told through in-game dialog and in-game cinematic sequences.
- Engaging Combat: Take complete control of every battle by using chained melee attacks, or dozens of spells and special abilities acquired along your journey.
- In-depth Character progression: Choose from three distinctly different characters and unlock new spells and abilities as you adventure! Collect unique armor, weapons and powerful items that will aid your hero on their perilous journey!
- Co-op and Internet Modes: Adventure alone or with your friends through online multiplayer modes.
Unfortunately that last point seems to suggest multiplayer is online only, which would suck. I wouldn’t buy the game in that case.