Phil Harrison Talks PS3 | PS3Blog.net
Game Informer had a little chat with Sony’s President of Worldwide Studios, Phil Harrison after yesterday’s Sony Gamer’s Day event.
Here is what was revealed:
* If you have a USB hard drive full of music you can plug it in and transfer what you want onto your PS3 from day 1 but you can’t transfer movies or images just yet.
* You will be able to purchase movies & music from the PLAYSTATION Store to download onto your PS3 but not from day 1
* PS2 games won’t be available to download like PSone games due to the size but may be possible in the future
* Expect casual games, parlour games, family games etc to be available to download in the future
* PS3 games are region free but PS2 games aren’t. However, if PS2 games do make it to download they may be region free
* Expect to see the next-gen Eye Toy “early next year”
* Sony’s biggest rival this Nov is hardware supply and not rival consoles with less than 500,000 PS3s available at launch