PS3 Firmware Update 1.11 | PS3Blog.net
I installed the 1.11 PS3 firmware update and didn’t really notice anything different. But according to Sony, there’s been a lot of changes.
- You can now use PLAYSTATION®Network services.
- You can now use the single tap text entry method on the on-screen keyboard for English and other European languages.
- [Audio CD Output Frequency] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Enable ATRAC] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
- [Cross Color Reduction Filter] has been added as a feature under [Display Settings].
- [After 5 Minutes] has been added as an option to [Screensaver] under [Display Settings].
- You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.
- You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
- You can now download the following types of content under [PLAYSTATION®Store].
– PLAYSTATION®3 format software
– PLAYSTATION®Network titles
- Simplified and traditional Chinese characters can now be displayed under [Internet Browser].
- [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature.
- New for 1.11: [Account Management] has been added.
- The method of calculating hard disk capacity has been changed.
Free space on the hard disk is calculated as 1 GB (1024 x 1024 x 1024) = approx. 1,073,740,000 bytes. As a result, the free space value displayed may be less than the value that is mentioned under specifications in the product documentation. You can check hard disk free space under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information].
- Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.
- New for 1.11: Some PLAYSTATION®Network features have been revised.