I haven’t downloaded it yet, but there’s a new firmware update for the PS3: version 1.3. Some of the added features are:
- Changed the resolution priorities so that 720p is below 1080i.
- Support for Bluetooth media remote.
- Backup memory cards to HDD.
- Restore PS3 system option. (Format PS3’s HDD.)
- BD/DVD image output option, for switching between automatic, RGB and Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr over HDMI
They did not add any 720p upscaling to 1080i, or any DVD upscaling, or background downloading. So all in all, not that exciting.
Written by: Blackstaffer
- News Contributor