Mercenaries 2 Details | PS3Blog.net
Mercenaries 2 is one of the games I’m most looking forward to playing on the PS3, regardless of whether it’s a PS3 exclusive or not (it won’t be), so when I saw Mercs 2 gracing the cover of the Official UK PlayStation magazine, I just had to buy it. So what is going on with Mercs 2? Below is what is known and rumoured about Mercenaries 2:
* The games is roughly similar in size as Mercs 1, 8km x 8km but the detail in the environments are incredible.
* You can swim and dive into water and ride around the rivers and lakes in speedboats and other water based craft.
* Battles can take inside buildings unlike Mercs 1 where the interiors were just used to set up missions.
* You can climb buildings and hijack Helicopters/planes using the grappling hook.
* You can recruit fellow Mercs found during the game and they will operate out of your base, assist you on missions and open up new side missions.
* You can invite one of your online contacts to take part in some 2 player co-op mayhem at any point during the game.
I thought I read somewhere else that the game world was a lot bigger than the first Mercenaries game. The other 3 playable Mercs haven’t been revealed yet, nor has the full online details, but I can’t wait to see this game in action. I have high hopes for this title and all the little clips I’ve seen from the Mercs 2 website have got me salivating like a rabid dog that has broken into an all you can eat steak buffet.