Archive for March, 2007
Now that the European launch came and went, I’d like to hear your thoughts. What do you think of the launch?
How well did Sony do with the European launch?
- Great launch!
- Good launch.
- Okay, shoulda been better.
- Bad launch.
Previous poll results:
Do you have problems with the Bluetooth controller to PS3 connection?
* Often: 6% (18)
* Every once in a while: 13% (37)
* Just once: 9% (25)
* Never: 49% (136)
* Don’t have a PS3: 23% (64)
Total Votes : 280
It looks like that, out of those that actually do have a PS3, most (63%) are not affected by this problem.
I’ve now spent a good number of hours playing MotorStorm, both online and offline, and as much as I love the game, it’s by no means perfect. It’s pretty much guaranteed there will be a MotorStorm 2 so here’s a few things I’d like to see in the second game:
* Customisable music. The music in MotorStorm fits with the type of game it is, but apart from a couple of songs, the music is rubbish. I want to be able to play my own music that I’ve stored on my PS3.
* Global servers. It’s pretty rubbish I can’t race against Henning and other MotorStorm owners who aren’t based in Australia or the EU.
* Split screen multiplayer. It’s pretty shocking that MotorStorm doesn’t cater for offline multiplayer. It’s the perfect type of game that you would invite your friends round for some multiplayer mayhem.
* In-game messages. You should be able to send a message to your buddy who is playing the single player game and invite him to play you online.
* More tracks. 8 tracks isn’t enough, despite them being great fun to race around. Once you learn the best route to take it pretty much takes away some of the fun.
* I’d like headlights to be present in the next game. Seems a little odd not to have them in when you race at night.
* Dynamic weather. If the game is set in a different setting, I’d like to see different weather implemented into the game. Imagine how rain could effect the tracks and your vehicle!
I think that’s about it for now. The game is so much fun as it is but if they add those above points to the sequel it would be nigh on perfect. I also have to add, it looks stunning on my SDTV so I shudder to think what it would look like on a decent sized HDTV.
Anybody have any ideas they would like to add?
On a separate note, Sony really needs to enable you to access any messages you receive in the XMB, when you’re playing a game. You have to quit a game completely just to access your messages, so it makes setting up online play with your buddies more difficult than it should be. 😡
Well Guitar Hero fans, I hate to be the one to tell you this. But the PS3 Play Adaptor Nyko was working on is no more. So keep the PS2 out so it can hang with PS3 for now.
Citing “limitations in the PlayStation 3 hardware” the company says it has been “prevented from releasing this product with support for Guitar Hero.” Given this hardware roadblock, Nyko reps say that “the product has unfortunately been put on hold indefinitely.”
Earlier this month I got a PS2 to USB adapter so I can use my arcade stick with the PS3, and it works fine. But this adapter only works with PS3 games. Which is fine for me, because I got it for Tekken DR & the upcoming Tekken 6.
The first substantial trailer hits in a few hours and I can’t wait!
Here’s a summary of what everyone is suggesting or hoping for in GTA 4:
- Predictable Another city. Different vehicles (Skating, surfing, blimps). More interactivity. More mission types.
- Realism People should act more like real people rather than simply aimlessly walking around. It shouldn’t be so easy to steal cars and kill people. More realistic traffic and crash damage. Animals. Seasons. Snow + Ice.
- Technical Better graphics, animation, sound, physics, online support, episodic content, dlc, gesture control, achievements, and whatever other bullet-item buzzwords you can think of.
- New Game Mechanic Branching storylines and NPC dialog. Expanded RPG and character development and customization. Deathmatch, full storyline co-op. Persistent MMO elements. Strategic gang warfare.
- Bizzare GTA in outer space. Golf themed GTA. To be dead honest, an outer space themed GTA would probably be fun: In outer space, you could hijack spaceships, curse off aliens, and beat up space-hookers. I’d buy it.
Quick Prediction: Obviously, technical improvements, realism improvements, and more of everything. They will develop multiple new gameplay mechanics of the ones mentioned above. Everyone expects something really different and the developers know that.
I’m guessing they will successfully pull off a completely new twist to the series so it will excite gamers who are jaded by the series so far. I’m also guessing that with the huge amount of budget and talent going into this, that the high quality of the series will continue, and it will be worth every penny. But I’m also guessing that this won’t be a major milestone and breakthrough in game design like GTA 3 was. Those breakthroughs occur through serendipity and we won’t see them coming from a predictable source.
Anyone care to add their wishes or predictions?