Ninja Gaiden Sigma | PS3Blog.net
This game is a remake of the Xbox exclusive game “Ninja Gaiden Black” for the PS3 which upgraded and additional content.
- There is a new playable character, Rachel, with ten completely new playable missions.
- Lots of new extras and secrets added to existing levels. For example, one significant cut scene in the game has actually been replaced by a playable battle.
- The sixaxis motion sensing functionality is used for the magic system.
- Runs at full 1080p at 60FPS. All you HDTV owners are a lucky group.
- All textures have been reworked for the PS3. Many new graphical effects have been added or upgraded.
This really sounds like a lot more than a simple port, it sounds like they’ve really upgraded and expanded the game quite a bit. I haven’t played the original, so I’m really looking forward to getting this.
I’ve also heard that the combat system requires a lot of skill. A common grunt enemy will kill you if you aren’t playing well, which is in contrast to something like God Of War where you can pretty much button mash through the weaker enemies. This sounds like a true gamer’s game.
IGN lists this as a June 26, 2007 release. I really can’t wait to get this!