MotorStorm Update to Arrive Middle of May | PS3Blog.net
For anybody that has built up an impressive winning percentage on MotorStorm online, I wouldn’t read the list below, of bug fixes that v1.2 will correct when it’s released some time next month. For anybody that doesn’t care about their online ranking (me, because I’ve lost a lot more than I’ve won 😆 ) you may be happy with the following news.
Below is a list of the problems that v1.2 should fix (if it’s an accurate list) and it’s free, which should be the case anyway:
- Game List Improvement: ‘Game Status’ is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you’ll be able to join and race promptly.
- Host Identification: Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a ‘host’ icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.
- Boost Exploit: A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.
- Buddy List Size: This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.
- Text Cut-off: When playing in standard definition all messages will now display as intended.
- Improved Stability Online: Online gameplay stability has been improved.
- Audio issues: All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.
- Player Ranking: Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly. Evolution and Sony apologise for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable ranking system for all players.
- Auto-Start: Races will be forced to start after a fixed countdown which should dramatically reduce the waiting times in lobbies. Hosts may delay this countdown up to three times.
- Save Data Corruption: When quitting the game using the PS button it was possible to corrupt the save game data. This will no longer occur.
- Lobby Information: Upcoming track and current lap details will be displayed in lobbies.
- Vehicle Damage: When restarting a single player race during a death camera the damage wasn’t always reset at the start of the next race. This has now been resolved.
- Missing Audio: Audio effects were missing from the death camera, these have now been reinstated.
- Name Tags: Added ability to switch the player name tags on/off during online races using a single button press (L1).
Anything you feel they’ve missed out? Apart from split screen offline play and customisable soundtracks of course. 😉