GT5 Prologue Press Release – Not Free? | PS3Blog.net
I just got the following press release from SCEE, and they mention both a downloadable and a BD (Blu-ray Disc) version of GT5 Prologue. I have a feeling that they won’t give the PSN version away for free and charge for the BD version…
Start your engines for Gran Turismo™5 Prologue
New prequel an early taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3 – A taste of Gran Turismo 5 for PLAYSTATION®3 is here at the end of this year – Up to 16-player online racing on PLAYSTATION®Network – a Gran Turismo first! – Over 40 dream cars, High Definition graphics, new physics engine… and a TV channel
The real driving simulator that’s sold 50 million units is back: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) and Polyphony Digital are pleased to announce Gran Turismo™5 Prologue, a prequel title showcasing the forthcoming Gran Turismo™5 for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) – available both on Blu-ray disc and as a download from PLAYSTATION®Network (PSN) at the end of this year. Gran Turismo on PlayStation is one of the most successful global gaming franchises of the last ten years – renowned for its realism, quality of design and in-car physics technology – now, with the power of PS3™ behind it, it’s going to be unstoppable.
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue features over 40 stunning cars – including vehicles by Lotus, Mitsubishi, Nissan and Ferrari for you to race on seriously realistic, real-life tracks: including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – all rendered in incredible High Definition graphics. There’s also all-new driving physics for the most lifelike driving experience ever and new, improved opponent artificial intelligence for the toughest race challenge yet.
But that’s not all – for the first time ever in the history of Gran Turismo, you’ll now be able to race online. Up to 16 players will be able to go head-to-head on some of the world’s best racetracks on PLAYSTATION®Network™ – all you need to get racing is a broadband connection and PS3™. Once you’re up and revving, Global Online Rankings and the My Garage homepage feature will leave the world in no doubt as to just who is the best at Gran Turismo.
And then there’s the Online Dealership, providing a wealth of information on cars and manufacturers and also Gran Turismo™ TV – a dedicated online channel available exclusively from PSN and packed with some of the greatest content that Motorsport, car manufacturers and TV has to offer.
* The first ever Gran Turismo title with online racing: drive online against up to 16 other Gran Turismo aces
* Race a total of over 40 stunning, high-performance cars
* Race on seriously realistic, real life tracks including the Eiger Nordwand, the London City Track and Suzuka – then race them in reverse and with alternative routes
* All-new physics engine means true next-generation vehicle handling
* All-new and improved opponent AI for a nail-biting race experience
* Access to Gran Turismo TV : a world of great motoring TV programming online
* Online Dealership: Access to car manufacturers online
* My Garage – a personalised homepage feature with friends, chat and personal game records
* Quick Tune facility allows you to adjust power, tyres, suspension and more
* All in stunning High Definition at 1080p (race: 1080p-60fps, replay: 1080p-30fps)
Gran Turismo 5 – the full title – launches in 2008. Until then, there’s enough ultra-realistic, high-speed racing in Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3™ to keep your accelerator firmly to the floor for the rest of the year.