Archive for November, 2007
From the comments, Rachel asks,
Hello All – please help!!
I’m trying to get my boyfriend a steering wheel for his PS3 but can’t seem to find out which is the best one to get.
I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro. It turns a full 900 degrees like a real wheel, it’s well built, and has a variety of force feedback effects. It works perfectly with most PS3 racing titles (everything except Motorstorm). This is probably the best pick for most people.
If you want something now, I’d go for it. But if you can wait for GT5, they may come out with a newer better controller just like they did for the release of GT3 and GT4. However, that may be a while off.
If you are a big Gran Turismo fan, getting a real steering wheel controller is a must. It really completes the simulation experience. All the major variations of Gran Turismo have full support for these wheel controllers. They support full 900 degree steering and a variety of force feedback effects. This includes the Western release of the PS3 GT5 demo, the newer GT5 Prologue demo (currently only available through Japan store), and the much older full PS2 version of GT4.
For arcade racers, they are a nice addition but not really necessary. NFS, Burnout, and Ridge Racer all support Logitech’s steering wheels with force feedback effects. Motorstorm only works with the standard sixaxis controller. I haven’t tried Sega Rally Racing or Collin McRae’s Dirt.
Sadly there still isn’t a date for the public beta other than late November / early December. But at least they are still making updates. I couldn’t find any media on this yet.
* There’s a new building in the world, although it’s currently one that can be entered
* You are finally able to enter your Home Space’s patio
* You can now use your own pictures in your Home Space
* A game launching option has been added, though it is not functioning completely at the present time
* The cinema’s movie theatres have transferred from the second floor to the first floor
* America, Japan, and Europe each have their own server now
Four PS3 games should be available on shelves this Friday:
* Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions of WWII
* The Golden Compass
* Cars: Mater-National
Not long until Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune arrives in Pal territories though!
The dropship rumor turned out to be true! The KT-424 Combat Dropship can carry 1 pilot, 7 soldiers and a ground vehicle at once, and it’s packing some firepower too. It has a MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon. Also all the maps are being modified to include the dropship. Man the KT-424 Combat Dropship sounds like fun! Plus there is a new map “Omega Factory”, which takes place at night and is the largest map yet! It will arrive this December on the PLAYSTATION®Network. I think I’ve added another gaming present to my list to give myself this holiday season
Operation: Omega Dawn pack features:
Set at night for added impact and tension, the Operation: Omega Dawn pack for Warhawk™ features an enhanced level of teamwork, tactics and coordinated aerial assaults with the new KT-424 Combat Dropship.
- Omega Factory battlefield includes 5 new map layouts featuring advanced building complexes and huge industrial towers.
- KT-424 Combat Dropship transports 1 pilot, 6 soldiers and 1 ground vehicle; and features a deadly new weapon – the MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon.
- The 5 large layouts from the original battlefields have been modified to include the KT-424 Combat Dropship.
- All this in one single download from PLAYSTATION Network this December