As Darrin pointed out in the shoutbox, UT3 has its first user-created content. It’s a small multiplayer map called DM-Shrine, created by a modder for the PC.
It looks like the Epic folks took this map and baked it for the PS3 for our enjoyment. So the question becomes: how does one import this map into UT3 on the PS3? Here are the steps, right from Epic:
- Unzip the file to the root directory of any memory card that is readable by your PlayStation 3. It is already in the proper directory structure but, just in case, the path and filename need to be: ps3\savedata\blus30086-modimport\userdata.jam
- Boot up Unreal Tournament 3 on your PS3
- Go to the “Community” menu
- Choose “My Content”
- Press the [SQUARE] button to “Import Mod”
- Follow the directions on the screen to import it from your memory card.
I’m a bit confused by the first step which says to use the “root” directory and then gives an example that is not the root. Oh well.
Have any of you who own UT3 on the PS3 given this a try?
Written by: Blackstaffer
- News Contributor