For those out there using Yellow Dog there is a upgrade waiting for you. I’ve tried Yellow Dog and Ubuntu so far. Right now I’m sticking with Ubuntu, just because there is more support out there if I run into problems. I’m no Linux expert, I just use it on weekends sometimes. But it’s a great option if you don’t have a primary PC in the house.
Anyway some key features of YDL v6.0 are:
Yellow Dog Linux v6.0 supports:
– Sony PS3.
– Apple PowerPC G4, G5.
– IBM System p (JS2x, 510, 520, 540).
– 802.11b Airport auto-configuration; Extreme with configuration.
– Audio on all tested machines.
– Sony PS3 Sixaxis game controller.
– Cell phone internet connections with configuration.
Yellow Dog Linux v6.0 key features:
– E17 & Gnome installed by default, KDE included.
– Gnash, the Flash work-alike.
– Ekiga VoIP, Pidgin IM/IRC, and Fluendo codec installer.
– kernel v2.6.23, gcc v4.1.1, gblic v2.5, and Eclipse v3.2.2.
– The only Linux distribution to include by default Cell SDK v3.0.
– IBM iRT (interactive raytrace) demo available via YDL.net Enhanced.
Written by: T0SH
- Owner of PS3Blog.net