Archive for March, 2008
PCWorld takes a look inside the new DualShock 3, along with the DualShock 2, and the SIXAXIS controllers.
The PS2 DualShock 2:
The original SIXAXIS for the PS3:
The PS3 DualShock 3, which is out in Japan and is officially coming to North America in April:
Seems like the Blu-ray floodgates are starting to open. Plenty to pick from this week and a lot more coming in the next couple months. Anything for you this week?
* Alvin and the Chipmunks (20th Century Fox)
* Unbreakable (Disney / Buena Vista)
* Hidalgo (Disney / Buena Vista)
* Coyote Ugly: The Double-Shot Edition (Disney / Buena Vista)
* Justin Timberlake: FutureSex/LoveShow Live from Madison Square Garden (Sony Music)
* Category 7: The End of the World (Echo Bridge Entertainment)
* The Curse of King Tut’s Tomb (Echo Bridge Entertainment)
* Beer League (Echo Bridge Entertainment)
* 10.5: Apocalypse (Echo Bridge Entertainment)
* The Last Sentinel (Echo Bridge Entertainment)
* Blackbeard (Echo Bridge Entertainment)
* Behind the Yellow Line (Celestial Pictures)
[Update: Tosh sent me these
rumoured screenshots of new store.]
SCEE says that the PLAYSTATION®Store is going to go through a revamp very soon, and that there will be no new content for two weeks! Yay and boo at the same time I guess.
Salient part of the press release:
Customer feedback drives new design, interface and navigation
Updates on hold for two weeks; new-look Store launches mid-April
This April, PLAYSTATION®Store, the online content store on PLAYSTATION®Network, is getting a whole new look and feel – and it’s in response to feedback from the millions of PSN registrants in the PAL region.
The revamp comes in response to a survey last year which showed that many PLAYSTATION Store users wanted a better interface and easier navigation. The new design will deliver a hugely improved navigation system, much greater scope for categorisation and a dynamic new user interface.
Content will be suspended for two weeks while the improvements are carried out but users can look forward to a special update in mid-April.
There will be no weekly content updates between now and the re-launch, although users can still download content from the back catalogue, such as Warhawk™ and Gran Turismo™ 5 Prologue.
The PLAYSTATION Store revamp will not affect PLAYSTATION Network accounts or the virtual wallet system.