Novastrike Looks Cool | PS3Blog.net
Update: Here’s some info from the Tiki website:
NOVASTRIKE is a top-down arcade shooter in which the player takes control of a prototype advanced Scythe fighter and combats invading aliens over various planetary surfaces. The player fights both air and ground opponents ranging from enemy fighters to capital ships and ultimately an end-Boss. As the player progresses the Scythe unlocks its full potential through upgrading its weapon systems and overall capabilities.
- Seven expansive challenging stages driven by objective-based goals
- Free-roaming flight: there aren’t any rails here allowing flight in any direction
- Progressive weapon acquisition and upgrade system: as the player successfully collects weapon drops from enemy ships the weapons themselves become available to the Scythe – there are nine base weapon systems, each with three subsequent upgrade levels
- Air and ground targets: two separate weapon systems allow the player to combat both air and ground opponents
- Multi-sectioned enemies where individual components can be destroyed; for example, Carriers have hangars that launch fighters – these hangars can be destroyed independently of destroying the Carrier preventing the Carrier from launching additional fighters
- Multitude of enemies: the player will combat enemy fighters, bombers, kamikazes, aces, carriers, and destroyers, all leading to an end-Boss fight
- You’re not alone: friendly fighters, bombers, and destroyers will aid you in your efforts to vanquish the Draelus invasion
- DualShock 3 support
- Uses Tiki Games own graphics engine technology
- Continuing support: Tiki Games will be developing additional content for NOVASTRIKE
NOVASTRIKE is targeting a second-quarter 2008 release on the PLAYSTATION®3 via the PLAYSTATION®Network.