Monthly Archives: March 2008
N’Gai Croal writes that most developers seem to prefer the Xbox over the PS3, not only as a development platform, but also for their personal gaming. Even beyond the tech people, the business side of the industry seems to generally …
I’ve complained about Activision before. About the lack of headset or extra maps for Call of Duty 3. About the lack of any migration options for playing Guitar Hero PS2 games on the PS3. About the blockage Activision put on …
Well this doesn’t happen to often. We get details of a firmware update before it arrives, lol. But this is how it should be every time. Usually it’s released late one night and the gaming forums try to figure out the changes all night.
Check out the list below for all the details. It should arrive in the next few days according to Sony.
* The ability to copy PS3 Music and Photo playlists to a PSP system. We introduced the ability to create Music and Photo playlists on the PS3 in firmware update v2.0. Now you can easily export your playlists to your PSP.
* You can now play DivX and WMV format files that are over 2 GB.
* Resume Play – begin playing a DVD or BD disc from the point where you previously stopped it, even if you eject the disc and insert a different movie or game.
* Use your PSP as a remote control to play back your music files on your PS3 without turning on your TV.
* The Internet browser now displays some web pages faster. In addition [Save Target] has been added as an option under file. This option lets you save a file that is linked to a web page to your PS3 hard drive or storage media.
In case you forgot what BD-Live is, here is a reminder.
Press Release After the Jump