Archive for May, 2008
There has been lots of talk and videos about LittleBigPlanet, and lots of it isn’t new. But I loved seeing this video because it shows a level I hadn’t seen before, and it’s quite cool.
Big week this time, lots of good movies. For some reason I watched Short Circuit a couple months ago. I’m considering getting this classic on Blu-ray, lol. And V for Vendetta finally arrives on Blu! Anything for you this week?
* National Treasure 1 & 2 (Disney/Buena Vista)
* National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (Disney/Buena Vista)
* National Treasure: Collector’s Edition (Disney/Buena Vista)
* Face/Off: Special Collector’s Edition (Paramount Pictures)
* Next (Paramount Pictures)
* Blades of Glory (DreamWorks)
* Company: A Musical Comedy (Image Entertainment)
* Anger Management (Sony Pictures)
* Short Circuit (Image Entertainment)
* V for Vendetta (Warner Bros.)
* Bee Movie (DreamWorks Animation)
* WWE: WrestleMania 24 (WWE Home Video)
* Nature: Desert Lions (Questar)
* Nature: In the Valley of the Wolf (Questar)
* Nature: Shark Mountain (Questar)
* Nature: Under Antarctic Ice (Questar)
The look and the environments remind me a lot of LocoRoco Cocorecho. What do you guys think?
Thanks to Sporty for the link. Too much PS3 news to fully cover today
This is a Japanese strategy RPG developed by Sega exclusively for PS3. Unfortunately, Disgaea 3, which was the other big strategy JRPG for PS3 was pushed back to 2009.
This is out in Japan and headed to the West in November. There are also trailers on the Japanese PSN if you have a Japanese account setup. These videos show more cut scene footage than gameplay but the art style looks very nice.
I was just talking to Tosh this morning about Champions of Norrath, my favourite PS2 game. Which got me thinking that I would really like a game in the same spirit as that one on the PS3. Which got me thinking about what my all-time most wanted made-up game would be on the PS3. So here it is. This is the game I’d most like to see on the PS3, in the form of a recipe (kinda).
1. Start with a game with the same basic mechanics as Champions of Norrath.
2. Update the game with current generation visuals and 5.1 surround sound.
3. Throw in some of the cool stuff from Untold Legends like the combo system.
4. Make sure it has good online and offline multiplayer support.
5. Expand the random dungeon generator so that they’re different every time you play. (This was in Champions, but not its sequel.)
6. Add more spells and variety in spells.
7. Add three dimensionality to the game, allowing you to jump down on enemies.
Okay, okay. I was starting to get a little too specific there. The point is, I’d like to see a good Champions style game on the PS3. Untold Legends was a valiant attempt, but fell quite short.
That’s what I’d like to see. How about you guys?