Archive for August, 2008
PlayFactory – This will bundle six PlayStation Eye games. Hopefully they are new games and not existing ones.
Some guys over at CVG said a “source” told them the firmware 2.5 will included a screen capture feature. Which a couple games have already, like Resistance 1 & Metal Gear Online. Hopefully this is truely built into the firmware unlike the youtube video upload feature which is up to the developer to implement. Anything else you want to see the in the next firmware update?
I would like the following:
* Option for a custom PSN ID image
* IM type feature for communication instead of “e-mailing” back and forth basically.
* In Game Voice chat
* Display Profile quicker
* Be able to save different wireless access points, the psp can.
* Register multiple bluetooth devices like keyboards or headsets and store them so you can switch between them. Cell phones can even do this.
Wow, tons of Blu-ray titles to pick from and Heroes is finally on Blu-ray. Anything for you?
* Action Starter Pack (Miami Vice / End of Days / U-571)
* The Adventures of Robin Hood
* Afro Samurai: Season One – Director’s Cut
* Blue Man Group: How to Be a Megastar Live!
* Dude, Where’s My Car?
* End of Days
* Guge: The Lost Kingdom of Tibet
* Heroes: Season 1
* Heroes: Season 2
* Miami Vice (Unrated Director’s Edition)
* The Nightmare Before Christmas
* Ocean Oasis (IMAX)
* Pale Rider
* The Secret
* What Happens in Vegas
You know, i’s cool that there are widgets and apps and iPhone apps and whatnot revolving around keeping you up to date with your Xbox Live friends. Say you want to do some gaming online, and you want to know if any of your friends are there already. Do you need to turn on your 360? No? Just pull your iPhone out of your pocket and see if any of your friends online. Then you can decide whether you want to get the 360 machine up and humming.
This is all possible through the fact that Microsoft puts gamer information online for people to consume. Anyone can write an app that’ll poll the status of an Xbox gamer. It's a shame that Sony doesn’t do the same thing. The closest they have is a PSN – PSU link that requires logging in TWICE before you can see your friends online. Even then, you can’t send them messages or anything.
Man, if Sony made this kind of thing available, I'd boot up my Mac an make an iPhone app just for this purpose.
Mmmmm… two great tastes in one: PS3 and iPhone! Wouldn’t that be chewy!
The free roaming part looks great. I’m going to be picking this up later this year. Just a reminder you can choose Japanese or English voices. But who in there right mind would want to listen to the English voices!