Buzz Impressions | PS3Blog.net
- Great Trivia Game I haven’t played a triva in years, and I’ve forgotten how much fun they can be. I played with several non-gamer tyeps and they loved it. If you have social, non-gamer-type friends over, or want to play with kids (my step-daughter can hold her own in the cartoon category), this game is perfect.
- Buzz Controllers Wireless, simple, easy to use, and fun. They’re perfect trivia controllers.
- Large Question Bank I haven’t seen any duplicate questions yet. Very impressive. The game also has some photo and video questions which are fun as well.
- Great Extras Fun couch-photos with PlayStation Eye, user created questions, online modes, DLC trivia packs. (I haven’t had a chance to play with all these extras yet).
- Polish, Presentation, Interface All the animations, transitions, question-modes, and character selection adds a lot of polish to the core game.
- Wireless USB Dongle This is a minor nitpick, but worth mentioning. The PS3 has native wireless. Why do all custom wireless controllers need a dongle? I think I know the answer but it’s not a good excuse. Bluetooth is more expensive and simple wireless controllers want to use cheaper, simpler RF. Ultimately, the PS3 should have been designed to support custom wireless controllers (whether it’s Bluetooth, RF, or whatever) without the need for USB dongles.
- Limited variety of inter-question transitions, announcer chatter, and animations
This is a surprise hit. The core trivia game is so utterly simple, I’m surprised how fun it can be. This title pushes the genre with all the polish and extras.