Firmware 2.5 Details | PS3Blog.net
Just in case you guys haven’t seen what’s all in this update yet, here’s the official list:
Main features in system software update version 2.50
The account creation screens under [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] and the menus under [Account Management] have been redesigned.
Other new or revised features in version 2.50
* You now have an option to set the PS3 system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has been completed. This option is available when you are turning off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.
* [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed as [Video Settings].
* Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] and [Upscale] options have been renamed as [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and [BD/DVD Upscaler], respectively.
* [Sequential Playback] and [50 Hz Video Output] have been added as options under [Video Settings].
* [DivX® VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3 system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit divx.com/vod/
* [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under Settings. To save power, the PS3 system and Wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
* Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth® devices has been changed.
* Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
* In the keyboard layout for [German Keyboard], the “Y” and “Z” keys have been switched and the “Q” and “A” keys have been switched.
* Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.
* You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel (or the mini-size control panel).
* [Pause] has been added as an icon on the mini-size control panel.
* You can now select one of nine volume output levels using the [Volume Control] setting on the control panel.
* [Scene Search] has been added as an option on the control panel.
* You can now use the [Mosquito Noise Reduction] setting for video content that is saved on the hard disk or storage media. Use this setting to reduce mosquito noise that appears on the edges of visual images.
* During BD (BDAV) and DVD playback, a technique known as “chroma upsampling” is now automatically selected based on the movement of objects within the video content and then applied to enhance images in the content.
* [Sync with Server] has been added as an option under [Trophy Collection].
* By pressing the PS button while playing PLAYSTATION 3 format software, you can now view information from the [Settings and Connection Status List] option under [Network Settings].*
* This feature is not available for use with some PLAYSTATION 3 format software.
* Support for Adobe® Flash® Player 9 has been added to [Internet Browser].*
* “Adobe” and “Flash” are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
* The way to disable the automatic sign-in option and the way to sign out from PlayStation®Network have been changed.
* In PlayStation®Store, the design of the [View Downloads] and [View Cart] buttons has been changed, and a [Redeem Codes] button has been added.