Monthly Archives: October 2008
Complete hardware sales data here.
NPD Software Releases for USA 360 STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED LUCASARTS Sep-08 610K WII WII FIT W/ BALANCE BOARD NINTENDO OF AMERICA May-08 518K 360 ROCK BAND 2 MTV GAMES/ELECTRONIC ARTS Sep-08 363K …
Just in case you guys haven’t seen what’s all in this update yet, here’s the official list:
Main features in system software update version 2.50
The account creation screens under [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network] and the menus under [Account Management] have been redesigned.
Other new or revised features in version 2.50
* You now have an option to set the PS3 system to turn off automatically after a background download or installation of content has been completed. This option is available when you are turning off the system under [Users] > [Turn Off System] while content is being downloaded or installed.
* [BD/DVD Settings] has been renamed as [Video Settings].
* Under [Video Settings], the [Cinema Conversion] and [Upscale] options have been renamed as [BD/DVD Cinema Conversion] and [BD/DVD Upscaler], respectively.
* [Sequential Playback] and [50 Hz Video Output] have been added as options under [Video Settings].
* [DivX® VOD Registration Code] has been added under [System Settings]. You must use this registration code to authenticate and register the PS3 system to be able to play video files that are compatible with the DivX® VOD (Video On Demand) service on your system. For details, visit divx.com/vod/
* [Power Save Settings] has been added as an option under Settings. To save power, the PS3 system and Wireless controllers can be set to turn off automatically after a certain period of inactivity.
* Under [Accessory Settings] > [Audio Device Settings], the method for reconnecting Bluetooth® devices has been changed.
* Under [Accessory Settings] > [Keyboard Type], you can now choose the following keyboard types: [German Keyboard (Switzerland)], [French Keyboard (Canada)] and [French Keyboard (Switzerland)].
* In the keyboard layout for [German Keyboard], the “Y” and “Z” keys have been switched and the “Q” and “A” keys have been switched.
* Under [Printer Settings] > [Printer Selection], you can now select printers that support network connectivity. You can also select HP printers using the [HP] option.
SOCOM Confrontation has just been officially released. I’ve never played a SOCOM title before, but here’s what I know.
- It’s a military shooter with multiplayer focus. It has a more realistic or simulation perspective compared to most other …
The first reviews for LittleBigPlanet are hitting the www and so far they are very positive. Here’s just a taster of some of the reviews, firstly from Eurogamer:
The quality and diversity are already surprising. In reality, deep and rewarding …