LBP Level Recommendations | PS3Blog.net
I am absolutely floored by the quality of some of the user created levels in LBP. I wish I had half of the imagination or artistic design skills of some of these guys. What’s amazing is that (from what I can tell) these are fairly regular players, and not professional game developers or artists at all.
It’s really neat to see all the unique contraptions, platforming mechanics, and visual effects that people can pull off within the LBP framework.
Two levels that I would highly suggest trying out are listed below. I would suggest not watching the videos since it kind of spoils the novelty of playing the levels, but I’m posting them anyway. LBP has improved the level search tools since launch, but I still think it’s somewhat of a weak point. Ideally, I wouldn’t need to find out about cool levels on the web on my PC and type them in later on my PS3: I’d rather see everyone’s top picks right inside the game.
- Three optional co-op centric puzzle areas designed for groups of 2+, 3+, and 4 players
- Epic boss monster. It has been completely redone since the linked YouTube video (which actually looks pretty crappy), so don’t judge that one. The new one is based around the guns and items from the MGS pack.
- Roller coaster section. This coaster is actually better done than several standalone roller coaster levels, and it’s only just a small part of this map.
- Variety of other cool platforming design ideas. Nothing is terribly hard, but most of them are just cool to play through and experience such novel designs.
Silent Hill Tribute
- Nails the classic Silent Hill environments: the desolate foggy city, the haunted elementary school, the hospital, and hell.
- Monsters: This actually has functional undead knife-wielding nurses. And the triangle head guy with the giant sword. Nice!
- Sound + Music: They even got the weird static sound when the enemies attack.
This has some really fun platforming and cool recreations of many classic Silent Hill -isms. I would dare to say that I had more fun with his level than I did with Silent Hill Homecoming.