MGO SCENE Expansion out today [Update] | PS3Blog.net
I haven’t tried it yet, but here are some more details. There will be three new skills with this expansion among other things.
The First of these is CQC (Close Quarters Combat) EX. In order to obtain this skill, you have to execute a CQC maneuver 200 times with CQC Mastery Lv3 equipped. Once you have this skill, your character will automatically counter an opponent’s CQC attack.
You can also gain Toughness, by receiving a knockback, knockdown, or blow away type attack 100 times. Once you have this Skill, your character will be able to endure knockdown attacks and recover time will be decreased.
The third Skill you can gain is Charm, by getting distracted by a magazine 100 times. It’s similar to Mei-Ling’s special skill, where holding the salute pose will have the same distracting effect as a magazine. The salute motion will also change to one of three different exclusive random animations.
The CQC EX skill looks cool, wonder if the counter covers punches and kicks or just grabs. I’m thinking the latter. On the Toughness skill, I assume you need to get hit with explosives or shotgun/rockets. I can see the Toughness skill coming in very handy actually. The Charm skill is funny, lol. But I can see a lot of people getting the rat emblem in the process.
If you play MGO you know about the emblems you “earn” in the game. Now you’ll receive a free in-game t-shirt with that emblem! Plus there are 2 new emblems:
* Fighting Fish (unlock by playing a series of Death matches)
* Arctic Skua (unlock by playing through a series of Solo Capture missions)
So will you be getting the SCENE DLC?
I played it for about an hour last night, I love the new expansion so far.
A few small things I noticed:
* The time and date at the top of the menu’s (not during game play itself)
* After a match is shows if you earn points to improve your rank or points taken away from your rank
* During game play it says if you got 3 kills, 5 kills, 3 consecutive head shots etc.
* Not sure if explosives effected the environment before or not. I just saw something last night that seemed to imply it did.
* I thought you could throw knifes with Raiden and Vamp? But I played during a custom match so maybe that was turned off?
* There is a PSN Wallet option in the menu, but it’s disabled at the moment. Maybe it will be updated on Thursday with the store update?
And I tried to CQC someone last night and they already had CQCEX!! Man that’s quick, it resulted in me being thrown to the ground.
Kojima Productions is Hiring New Recruits... February 22, 2012 | PAUL FIERCE
Metal Gear Online Gene Expansion Details July 11, 2008 | T0SH
Metal Gear Online – More SCENE DLC Details... March 10, 2009 | T0SH
MGS4 Surprise Week / Metal Gear Online Updates & Free Bikinis... June 16, 2009 | T0SH
Metal Gear Online Race Mission & Patriot Feature... May 8, 2009 | T0SH
Metal Gear Arcade – Stereoscopic 3D / Head Tracking... December 11, 2010 | T0SH