Some people have asked that we do a clan battle with another clan.
I don’t have a problem with that, but we need to prepare.
First off, who is interested? Your skill level doesn’t matter, but you should be willing to play as a team. Please reply to this post if you’re willing and able to play in a clan battle, probably on a Wednesday night. Please don’t reply if you can’t make it.
Second, it would be good if we could get some team tactics established. So I’m looking for some suggestions for how to play together as a team. Here are a couple I thought of:
- We should have at least two turret placers on our team. They can place the turrets where they are most effective for a given round. Then once the round is over, they should destroy the turrets so that they can create new ones that are best situated for the next round type.
- We need at least one person to place spawn points. Remember that people spawn out of spawn points facing the opposite direction of the person who placed the spawn point at time of placing. I volunteer to be a spawn point person.
- Dying doesn’t matter for any game mode except Body Count (unless you’re the assassination target). So it’s a good tactic, for example, to place yourself between the enemy and someone arming/disarming a bomb.
- Everyone has to be in a squad. So if it’s a team of five, it’s no good to have a squad of four people plus a loner. Also, headsets should be charged before the match starts. I’ve fallen victim to that mistake myself.
- Each squad should have an objective and work together as a team to achieve it. In Capture & Hold, for example, we could have one squad tasked with holding one location, while another squad takes care of the other. (The third location doesn’t matter if we hold two.) How will we determine which squad does what?
What did I miss? I’ll add them to this list.
Third, I want to try those team tactics in our private games before we go up against another clan. Now that bots are coming in a patch next week, we could do a clan match of us versus the bots, to practice.
What do you guys think?
Written by: Blackstaffer
- News Contributor