Archive for August, 2009
Sony has released Firmware 3.0, as usual they don’t release a change log right away. So let us know if you find any hidden updates. playstationlifestyle.net have found some changes though. The “PLAYSTATION 3″ logo that shows before a game launches is indeed gone. I’ll miss it too. To bad they didn’t included a free animated theme. What do you think of the update?
- Multi-Audio – Audio can now be output to multiple connectors simultaneously. You can set this option under [Settings] > [Sound Settings] > [Audio Multi Output].
- Video Content Playback – During Video content playback, you can now use the right stick to play content in slow playback, fast reverse, and fast forward.
- Settings Descriptions – Now below each setting option under the Settings tab on the XMB, there is now a brief description in small font.
- New Start Up Logo – Upon starting up your PS3, you will be greeted with the new ‘PS3′ Logo.
- Copy/Paste Function – There is now a copy/paste function for the web browser, and messages.
- Internet Connection Speed Test – Check your internet connection upload/download speed. Go to [Network Settings] > [Internet Connection Test]
- Internet Browser Screen Capture Feature – Press Triangle on Internet Browser, then under File > Save Screenshot.
- Custom Remote Play Settings – Manually set a device (such as a PSP system) to be used for remote play.
- New Avatar Support – Support for future additions of PSN avatars has been added. No new avatars have been added along with the firmware. However the support is there.
- “What’s New” – The “Information Board” will be replaced with a “What’s New” section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, “What’s New” displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.
- Status Indicator – In the top right corner we’ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.
- Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends’ respective profiles.
- PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We’ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.
- Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.
- Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.
[Thanks for the Tip Matt]
Do the guys at Naughty Dog ever sleep? lol This is a very cool idea. The green screen sounds great. Be interesting to see what people come up with. This is a must have title for me.
Both God of Wars, extras, trophy support, remastered resolution, $39.99. Very sweet deal.
- This is not an emulated title, but a full PS2 to PS3 up-port
- Remastered, 720p HD, anti-aliased graphics at a full 60 FPS.
- Trophy support
- $39.99 for blu-ray disc with both God of War 1 & 2.
- Scheduled for “holiday season”. No exact date given yet.
- Port is done by Bluepoint games (known for Blast Factor and founded by senior developers from Metroid Prime team)
SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA ANNOUNCES
GOD OF WAR® COLLECTION, A NEW COMPILATION OFFERING FOR PLAYSTATION®3
Exclusive God of War® and God of War® II Blu-ray Disc Compilation
Available This Holiday Season
FOSTER CITY, Calif., September 1, 2009 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today a new and exclusive PlayStation®3 (PS3™) offering for the critically acclaimed God of War® franchise, God of War® Collection. Scheduled for release this holiday season, God of War Collection will feature reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War® II on a single Blu-ray Disc™ at full 1280 x 720 resolution. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games). God of War Collection offers substantial value to PS3 consumers, the compilation of both best-selling games costing just $39.99 MSRP.
Developed by Sony Computer Entertainment, Santa Monica Studio, the God of War series brings epic mythological battles to life with stunning graphics and an elaborate plot that puts Kratos, the triology’s main character, at the center of carnage and destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him. God of War® III is scheduled for release exclusively on the PS3 in March 2010.
“We are excited today to announce God of War Collection,” said Scott Rohde, vice president, Worldwide Studios America. “Our fans spoke and we listened; thanks to our partnership with Bluepoint Games, fans and newcomers to the series can experience the epic God of War and God of War II saga in stunning 720p on PS3. This Blu-ray Disc compilation brings Kratos to PS3 even earlier than expected.”
Nomura dropped some big hints about Kingdom Hearts next game and while he didn’t say part 3 specifically, we can all assume thats what it is.
In a recent Famitsu interview, Nomura stated that you will have to play BBS till the end for a secret video about the next KH game.
“I think there are a lot of puzzling elements, so maybe they’ll want to play the next game…And there’ll be a secret movie too.”
“The next game will be the next game (laughs)”