Monthly Archives: August 2009
Sony has released Firmware 3.0, as usual they don’t release a change log right away. So let us know if you find any hidden updates. playstationlifestyle.net have found some changes though. The “PLAYSTATION 3” logo that shows before a game launches is indeed gone. I’ll miss it too. To bad they didn’t included a free animated theme. What do you think of the update?
- Multi-Audio – Audio can now be output to multiple connectors simultaneously. You can set this option under [Settings] > [Sound Settings] > [Audio Multi Output].
- Video Content Playback – During Video content playback, you can now use the right stick to play content in slow playback, fast reverse, and fast forward.
- Settings Descriptions – Now below each setting option under the Settings tab on the XMB, there is now a brief description in small font.
- New Start Up Logo – Upon starting up your PS3, you will be greeted with the new ‘PS3′ Logo.
- Copy/Paste Function – There is now a copy/paste function for the web browser, and messages.
- Internet Connection Speed Test – Check your internet connection upload/download speed. Go to [Network Settings] > [Internet Connection Test]
- Internet Browser Screen Capture Feature – Press Triangle on Internet Browser, then under File > Save Screenshot.
- Custom Remote Play Settings – Manually set a device (such as a PSP system) to be used for remote play.
- New Avatar Support – Support for future additions of PSN avatars has been added. No new avatars have been added along with the firmware. However the support is there.
- “What’s New” – The “Information Board” will be replaced with a “What’s New” section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, “What’s New” displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.
- Status Indicator – In the top right corner we’ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.
- Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends’ respective profiles.
- PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We’ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.
- Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.
- Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.
[Thanks for the Tip Matt]
Both God of Wars, extras, trophy support, remastered resolution, $39.99. Very sweet deal.
- This is not an emulated title, but a full PS2 to PS3 up-port
- Remastered, 720p HD, anti-aliased graphics at a full 60 FPS.
- Trophy …
Nomura dropped some big hints about Kingdom Hearts next game and while he didn’t say part 3 specifically, we can all assume thats what it is.
In a recent Famitsu interview, Nomura stated that you will have to play …
Italian site, multiplayer.it, recently interviewed Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of Gran Turismo, who confirmed previous details on GT5 are accurate (1000 cars, 80 track variations and YouTube uploads), as well as a worldwide simultaneous release by the end of the year …
Two weeks later, the PS3 is still the best selling video game product on Amazon (which is updated hourly), beating out both the Wii and the XBox 360 Elite, which are ranked 11th and 15th respectively. Funny thing is, …
This announcement came out of nowhere and I’m shocked that it happened to begin with. A 4 billion dollar purchase of Marvel is just huge news.
So how will this purchase affect gaming and the PS3? Lets look …