PlayStation Home v1.3 has just been announced at Gamescom in Germany. Follow the link for full official details, but here are the summarized highlights:
- Universal Game Launching: Any PS3 game can be launched directly from Home. Some games will feature additional multiplayer integration features.
- Shopping Enhancements: Including 3D item preview and try-on.
- New Portable Game Objects: (such as bubble machine). Also the ability to hide objects left by others.
- SingStar Space: Night-club themed space with games, video jukebox, and music trivia.
- More emotes: Including “action” emotes
- Cameras: Everyone will get an in-game camera to take Home screenshots.
It’s been fun checking out all the clever new Home additions as they roll out. This one sounds much bigger than usual. Maybe they will finally drop that beta tag as well.
Written by: Darrin
- Contributing Editor