Sony to Start Big Focus on 3D Displays | PS3Blog.net
At the Sony IFA event, Sony announced that they will begin a large push of 3D display technology and related content starting in 2010. They are working on 3D display hardware, Blu-Ray content, downloadable video content, and of course games that will take advantage of 3D display technology.
This is really exciting, but this opens more questions than answers:
- Will 3D offerings be compatible with existing or recent HDTV sets?
- Will they offer new displays that will deliver 3D effects without requiring special polarized viewing glasses? Will new displays offer any other 3D related advantages?
- Will PS3 games take advantage of this? Will new hardware be required?
- Will they offer goggle displays with separate left eye/right eye mini-screens and curved display surfaces to offer increased perspective accuracy?
- Will 3D display be involved in a new PSP-like portable device (yes, I remember Nintendo’s massive Virtual Boy flop)