Greed Corp Impressions | PS3Blog.net
- Simple, clever, quality board-game-like turn-based strategy game. It’s much more fleshed out than most download only titles at this price point, but it’s much smaller in scope than most full priced releases.
- The core gameplay is simple but very clever and has plenty of hours of longevity to it. It hits the core strategy game principle of being simple to learn yet difficult to master.
- Long, elaborate campaign mode, but it’s really just variety of tile arrangements and AI skill levels. All the moves and abilities are the same from the first match to the last.
- Features online play
- Polished presentation. Smooth 3D graphics and animation.
This is a really good, clever, simple board-game-like strategy game. Well priced at $10. Any strategy fans would be happy to spend 8-12 hours with this. Given the dearth of good or original strategy games on PS3, this is a welcome option.
- You often have to wait two minutes or so while the computer AI goes through its moves. There needs to be a way to speed up or skip this. You also can’t just walk away during this time, because as soon as it is your turn, you only have sixty seconds or so to make all of your moves.
- No undo. Often, I accidentally hit the wrong button, and it can be very frustrating.
- Time limit will end your turns suddenly without warning. For online matches, this is important, but for AI matches, I’d like the option to take my time.