3D Dot Game Heroes Trailer and Info
A new full length trailer for 3D Dot Game Heroes has been released. Can you say Legend of Zelda? Is Zelda public domain now? Am I that old? All kidding aside, this PS3 exclusive game definitely looks retro with a new updated feel. I will probably never play it, but I know there is a certain audience that this will appeal to. Aram Jabbari, manager of Public Relations and Sales at Atlus, posted this on the official PS Blog:
Oh, and to address a couple comments that have been popping up in posts relating to 3D Dot Game Heroes:
1. The huge swords evident in some screens/videos do NOT break the game. It is not a design flaw. You’re only that big when you’re at FULL health (intuitive, right?), and you’ll rarely be at full health for long stretches of time. Moreover, only near the end of the game will you have a sword THAT large, not to mention one with the ability to penetrate geometry (i.e. trees, rocks, etc). Many of the swords cannot and will not swing out all the way in those situations, making size… well… irrelevant. Ask anyone who’s played the game: it’s not about how big it is, it’s about… oh, nevermind.
2. The game DOES look amazing in person; you’ll just have to trust us on this. Even videos often fail to do the game justice.
3. There is no multiplayer component to the game.
4. We’re not currently planning any pre-order bonus items. We view the super cool $39.99 price point as a rather nice bonus.
5. The game has a number of significant improvements over the original Japanese version, including an OPTIONAL HDD install (approximately 1.2gb in size) to reduce/eliminate load times, dozens of new, North American-exclusive load screens that parody popular game box art, and more!