Still to be considered a rumor, many more details are popping up all over. Some great news, some bad news. We need to here that it is BC, there is an option for getting UMD’s software on it.
* MCV rumoured last week that Sony â€ścouldâ€ť announce PSP2 at E3.
* VG247 goes digging. According to a source familiar with the matter, itâ€™s â€ś99 percentâ€ť it isnâ€™t an E3 reveal.
* But thereâ€™s much, much more.
* Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
* PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
* It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
* UK sources were previously working towards a â€ś2010â€ł release. This is now â€ś2011â€ł.
* One source would be â€śamazedâ€ť if there was any kind of physical media involved. Weâ€™ve been told it â€ścouldâ€ť be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
* Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
* There have been â€śfinished unitsâ€ť in the UK, but we havenâ€™t spoken to anyone thatâ€™s seen a final case.
* When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, â€śIf the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now itâ€™s a 2011 release, Iâ€™d say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next yearâ€ť.
* One source told us the machine is â€śfucking powerful,â€ť being based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
Written by: Eddie
- Contributing Editor