Sony Releases Fact Sheet for Gran Turismo 5 | PS3Blog.net
[tab:News]Seems like Sony has been busy today with Gran Turismo 5 information, as they’ve released a bunch of media for the game, including a fact sheet, and with what’s in the fact sheet, we can get an idea of what the total package of the game will be. Personally, I think that it may very be well worth it, despite still not having vinyls and aftermarket body parts. To make it easier, I will set it up in bullet point form.
- Support for 1-4 local players (split screen) and 16 online
- There is, of course, a damage model now, with the race cars featuring accurate performance and body damage based on point of impact and velocity (though, I would suspect all the cars will have performance-altering damage as well)
- Cars accumulate dirt, tires smoke, and bodies spark on roll-overs (so yes, the cars also roll over)
- Physics engine is brand new and will replace the Prologue engine
- Head tracking with PlayStation Eye to allow for looking around the cockpit, etc.
- More than 1000 licensed cars, including those from NASCAR to WRC to Super GT
- More than 20 tracks with 70 variations
- Gran Turismo TV has both SD and HD broadcast-quality video, and the video can also be exported to the GT PSP Museum
- Photo Album shots can be uploaded online to share, as well as replays from the Replay Album, which will be uploaded to YouTube
- Support for custom soundtracks
- Races can support up to 16 players online, but you can also create private lobbies, which can hold up to 32 racers
- Text and voice chat is supported, but be careful texting while driving 😛
- Cars unlocked in GT PSP and GT5: Prologue will also be unlocked in your garage on GT5 for use in Arcade Mode
That’s a hell of a lot of features! Can’t wait until November 2nd, that’s for sure! Also, just to point out, the fact sheet made no mention of it, but the game will also have 3D support.
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America, LLC.
Developer: Polyphony Digital Inc.
Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Genre: Racing / Driving Simulator
Players: 1 – 4 Local, up to 16 online
Release: TBA (November 2nd confirmed)
Rating: RP – Rating Pending
From Polyphony Digital Inc. (PDI), the development powerhouse that has shipped more than 55 million units worldwide, the award-winning Gran Turismo® franchise makes its way to the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) system in the first complete installment of the fan-favorite series on the console. Developed exclusively for PS3 by the internal team of designers and engineers at PDI, Gran Turismo® 5 brings the world’s most realistic and comprehensive driving experience to fans in one of the most highly anticipated games of all time. Consistently setting the bar in terms of quality of design and physics technology with every product release, Gran Turismo 5 on PS3 is no exception and aims to set new standards in terms of graphics, presentation, and gameplay.
Gran Turismo 5 features more than 1000 licensed cars from the world’s top manufacturers and more than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations, including famous world circuits, city courses, and other environments. Featuring exciting gameplay and modes to suit newcomers, automotive enthusiasts, and seasoned fans, Gran Turismo 5 raises the bar on the franchise’s depth of content and unparalleled visuals including lifelike graphics that are difficult to distinguish from a live race. Further reflecting this realism, cars will feature real-time visual damage with adaptive and accurate car deformation based on point of impact and velocity. Additionally for the first time, Gran Turismo 5 will feature an extremely deep online and community feature set.
Players can progress and acquire credits through a variety of modes like GT Career Mode, Championship Races, License Tests and more, or they can explore different tracks and circuit variations in Arcade Mode. Additionally, players can race online with up to 16 players through PlayStation Network®(PSN). Players can also participate in a robust online system, and transfer vehicles unlocked in Gran Turismo® for PSP™ into their garage in
Gran Turismo 5.
CARS THAT LOOK AND FEEL REAL
· A first for the franchise, vehicles will now show real-time damage and wear that reflect the driver’s treatment of the car. Cars will collect dirt (and can be washed at car washes) and will feature adaptive and accurate body deformation and performance damage based on point of impact and velocity (on select vehicles).
· Additional graphic touchups that add to the realism include smoke from tires, sparks that fly from vehicle rollovers, and dirt accumulation.
· Brand new vehicle physics engine that replaces the engine from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, making the action more realistic than ever.
· PlayStation Eye camera features that add a new level of detail to the game, including face tracking for looking around the interior of vehicles while in the interior dash view.
MORE CARS, MORE TRACKS, MORE MODES
· More than 1000 licensed cars, including those representing racing organizations from around the globe such as NASCAR, World Rally Championship, Super GT and more.
· More than 20 tracks with more than 70 variations featuring famous world circuits and real-world city locales.
· Arcade mode lets players take in the stunning tracks and environments of
Gran Turismo 5 alone or with a friend in split-screen two-player mode.
· The fan-favorite career mode returns with a full world map, licensed car dealerships, tuning and body shops, and car washes. Start your car collection, customize them to your liking, and live the life of a pro racer.
· Compete in franchise mainstays like point-based Championship Race series and hone your skills with License Tests.
· Gran Turismo TV Video gives players access to an online clearinghouse of great motorsport video programming (both HD and SD – all broadcast quality) through PLAYSTATION Network. Users can now export this content to the GT PSP Museum (GT PSP required).
CUSTOMIZE YOUR RIDE, AND YOUR GAME
· Photo Mode and Photo Album allows users to capture their greatest GT moments, and share with friends. Players can stage and capture stylish shots from a number of angles and locations.
· Photo Album can be shared online, and the Online Replay Album lets players capture replay video from their favorite races and upload them to YouTube for the world to see.
· Players can create custom soundtracks from music stored on their PS3s to play in-game.
RACE AGAINST THE WORLD, ONLINE
· Online racing evolves in Gran Turismo 5 with robust racing options that are shaping up to deliver the deepest online racing experience available.
· Players can join in on public races featuring up to 16 players at once with text and voice chat, or host private races with lobbies supporting up to 32 players per lobby.
· Players who own Gran Turismo PSP and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue can transfer cars unlocked in that game directly to their garage in Gran Turismo 5 for use in Arcade Mode through special cross-talk interoperability.
· Gran Turismo 5 will feature full PSN Trophy support, making players’ accomplishments that much more satisfying.