From the new Dengeki/Famitus, we have gotten some new screen shots and info on FFXIII Versus. It is confirmed to be shown at TGS this year so I can’t wait!
- All the screenshots in the interview are captured from the game running in real time.
- The movement of the clouds in the game are controlled by the physics engine in the game.
- The game employs an open field concept, so you can travel anywhere except into mountains.
- The encounter system is a mix of random and visible encounters?
- Battles are seamless. The only loading in the game will occur when moving between very large areas. They’re aiming for the ultimate in seamlessness.
- Objects along the paths of roads can be destroyed.
- Most people will not believe their eyes when they see the high quality of the battles in motion.
- The staff are highly motivated now.
- There will still be improvements and more polish on the visuals made, the visuals in the screens are the game running at the moment.
- You’ll be able to use a car as promised. You can exit it and move on foot at any time as well.
- Enemies will be visible on the field, and while some enemies are wandering around, others will suddenly appear and surprise you. (This clarifies what the random and visible comment meant, and it also confirms that game will be similar to FFXII in that sense.)
- Nomura says they’re planning for a big unveiling of Versus at some point, but he doesn’t really give any deadline for it.
- There will be some announcements at TGS of titles which have not been revealed at all yet.
More screens after the jump.
Written by: Eddie
- Contributing Editor