Square Enix has announced the released date for their upcoming mmorpg Final Fantasy XIV.
First the bad news for PS3 fans: FFXIV won’t be hitting the PS3 before March 2011. This is a bit dissappointing after Square Enix had stated in the past how their plans were for a simultaneous release of both the PS3 and PC versions. But it looks like that wasn’t meant to be.
On to the good news: The PC version FFXIV will be releasing this September 30th, worldwide, with a Collector’s Edition planned that’ll hit European retailers on September 22nd. No news if the CE is just EU only.
Gamers can expect to pay a monthly subscription fee of $12.99/£8.99/€12.99, and an extra $3.00/£2.10/€3.00 per month for any additional characters. This is similar to how things worked in FFXI but in that game the extra characters were only priced at $1. Also unlike FFXI there will be a maximum of eight characters allowed on one account.
Details on pricing for the PS3 version will be revealed later.
- Windows XP SP3
- Windows Vista 32-bit / 64-bit SP2
- Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit
- Intel Core2 Duo (2.0GHz)
- AMD Athlon X2 (2.0GHz)
- Windows XP: 1.5GB or higher
- Windows Vista / Windows 7: 2GB or higher
- Installation: 15GB or more
- Download: Space on the hard drive where ‘My Documents’ is located should be 6GB or more
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 series or higher
- 512MB ATI Radeon HD 2900 series or higher
- DirectSound compatible sound card (DirectX 9.0c or higher)
- Broadband Internet connection or higher
- 1280 x 720 or higher; 32-bit or higher
- DirectX 9.0c
- Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad
Written by: Sakinah
- Contributing Editor