Archive for June, 2010
From now until July 12th Naughty Dog has added sixteen new skins to Uncharted 2. The sixteen skins represent the nations that successfully progressed to the second round of the World Cup. Those nations include Argentina, Brazil, Chile, England, Germany,Ghana, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Paraguay,Portugal,Slovakia,South Korea,Spain,United States & Uruguay.
Apparently Drake and Flynn are the only soccer fans of Uncharted because those are the only two who can wear the temporary World Cup skins. If your favorite World Cup team is one of sixteen listed be sure to represent them online in Uncharted 2 before it’s too late.
Starting July 7th, for four weeks, LBP DLC will consist of official Marvel comic costumes. There will be five different costumes in each of the four packs. There will also be a Marvel Level Kit, which will include four levels allowing you to collect “Marvel-themed music, objects, materials, stickers, and a special “Rooftop” background” so you can create your own Marvel themed levels. The costumes will consist of the following:
So, no surprise here, there was a little bit of a drop off in activity since E3 ended almost 2 weeks ago (2 QuickNews and 19 articles), but there was actually still a bit of activity on the community side of things, with contests and, finally, game night announcements (which can be found in the ‘Community News‘ and ‘Play With Us‘ tabs respectively). So, what are the highlights?
Ace showed off some multiplayer for Twisted Metal, which has been in development for 18 months already. Trev got to check out FIFA 11 at EA. And Sony has released more information for PlayStation Plus, which launches tomorrow.
As for other articles, Demerson has another Red Dead Redemption Chronicle to read (and details of a contest that ends in a couple days, which you can read more about in the Community News tab). Darrin has his take on Sony and Microsoft with 3D, and with that, be sure to watch Jimmy Fallon’s reaction to Killzone 3 in 3D.
Alright, busy community week, that’s for sure. To start, there were a few contests going on, and winners to one of them were announced. The E3 week giveaway ended early last week, and the winners were:
Congratulations to the other two! Currently, there is another contest being held, by one of the other members here. It’s a RDR Chronicle writing contest! This one comes courtesy of Demerson. If you are one of the two winners, you’ll receive a $20 PSN Gift Card.
Going back to E3, the ‘Best of E3‘ voting has completed, and you can read the results here. Though it’s not surprising to see Sony make it out on top (given the site and everything), there were still some surprises to be had. Anyway, here’s this week’s recognitions:
Contributor of the Week
- Sakinah – 4 Entries
QuickNews Contributor of the Week
- Oly1Kenobi and Sinlock – 1 Entry
- Jay – More In-Depth PlayStation Plus Info – 7 Likes
- Jay – More In-Depth PlayStation Plus Info – 23 Comments
PES 2011 E3 Trailer
Trev – June 20th
Twisted Metal multiplayer gameplay
Ace – June 21st
Red Dead Redemption DLC Trailer
Trev – June 21st
Twisted Metal Has Been in Development for 18 Months
Sakinah – June 21st
3D: Sony vs. Microsoft
Darrin – June 21st
FIFA 11 Hands On
Trev – June 21st
Prepare to Battle – Onslaught Mode Due To Hit Your Consoles
Madagasca – June 22nd
DC Universe Online Price Details
Demerson – June 22nd
Tekken 6 Fighter Gets Cel-Shaded For Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Sakinah – June 22nd
Deal of the Day! Dead Space for $9.95!
Eddie – June 22nd
New Final Fantasy Versus XIII Info and Scans
Eddie – June 23rd
Another Red Dead Redemption Chronicle…
Demerson – June 23rd
Ninokuni (Miyazaki!!!) PS3 Screens
Eddie – June 24th
Inafune: “It’s a dark time for Japanese Games Industry…”
Demerson – June 24th
More In-Depth PlayStation Plus Info
Jay – June 24th
Sony Already Falling Behind Microsoft When it Comes to Marketing Move
Sakinah – June 24th
Hulu May Be Coming to PS3
Jay – June 24th
2D/3D with Jimmy Fallon and Herman Hulst
Luke – June 25th
Platinum Games: “PS3 Kind of Like a Sports Car”
Sakinah – June 26th
$20 off any order of $40 or more at EAstore.com today only
Oly1Kenobi – June 22nd
World Cup Avatars!
Sinlock – June 23rd
[tab:Play With Us]
Right now, there aren’t any planned Game Nights, but given that we’re starting to do them again, this would be a good section to keep an eye on them. We did have two this past week, and assuming you didn’t have connection problems like Oly and I, you probably had some fun. So which Game Nights did we do?
We had a Medal of Honor Game Night, which I had missed unfortunately (well, both of them :P).
And a Red Dead Redemption Game Night, which I tried to connect to, but couldn’t (and once I fixed the problem, everyone was leaving :P).
Though I posted results based on what was available last Saturday, the official results are up now.
As for this week, the question is “Which are you looking forward to getting your hands/eyes on more?” with your choices between Move, #d, Both and Neither.
Thanks for reading and, hopefully, I’ll get the next one in this Saturday. This week, PS+ starts up, with FW v3.40, and, hopefully, some cool news.
…And the PSP will be getting system update v6.3, to add PS+ compatibility to that as well. Here’s the list of some of the changes:
- PlayStation Plus: PlayStation Network users will be able to purchase membership to PlayStation Plus; a new subscription service on the PlayStation Network that provides you with new options to expand and enhance your gaming experience and enable you to gain an exclusive set of features and content. Friendly reminder, all of you PlayStation Network users will continue to have free access to PlayStation Network’s unmatched and expanding suite of new and exclusive features while PlayStation Plus subscribers will gain access to an exclusive and expanding set of gaming features, content and functionality.
- Photo Gallery: A new network based photo sharing feature is now available on the Photo Gallery. The enhancement allows you to upload, browse and comment on photos on Facebook and Picasa Web Album. You can also opt to share your photos between your PlayStation Network friends as well as print photos from Photo Gallery.
- Video Editor & Uploader: Video Editor and Uploader is a new function found on the XrossMediaBar (XMB), which enables you to edit, save and upload video files stored on the PS3 system to sites such as Facebook or YouTube.
- Five Star Rating Support: Users can rate the PlayStation Store content they have purchased with one to five star ratings.
- Power Save Settings: The default setting for PS3 System Auto-Off will be set at 2 hours, providing you with additional power save options and further improving power save features on the PS3 system.
Now, there are a couple really cool features there. The photo sharing will be nice, but the Video Editor? Are you kidding me? This is going to open up a lot of doors for cool stuff, especially since you can upload directly to YouTube from the XMB! And one thing taken from Live, the ability to rate things on a 5 star scale in the store. Something I thought was a nice touch on Live.
The Facebook integration has also been updated quite a bit, with a new PlayStation application. Here’s what they posted on the Official Blog:
The application allows you to display your PlayStation Network profile on your Facebook account, find out which of your Facebook friends have a PSN account and send them a PlayStation Network friend request, view your PSN friends’ online status and add the PlayStation Network application tab to your Facebook user profile.
This is a really cool feature if you use Facebook a lot like I do. Compared to the past few system updates, this one actually has a lot more going for it. I wonder how many hidden updates there will be?