Operation Flashpoint: Red River – First Game Trailer
You’ve played the current batch of “scripted” military shooters but still want something more challenging? The wait is almost over.. Codemaster’s Operation Flashpoint: Red River is coming to the PS3 in 2011.
The game is a squad based tactical military infantry sim shooter (a SBTMISS, don’t worry, I just made that up) where survival is depending on strategic planning and wit (and luck). Both companion and enemy A.I. follow a last-known-position algorithm and are well trained in the tactical rules of engagement.
The game features:
- Four player drop-in drop-out online co-op multiplayer in campaign mode and standalone Fire Team Engagements
- Three acts in campaign mode
- Play as Grenadier, Scout, Rifleman and Automatic Rifleman classes, each with unique strengths and weaknesses for increased replayability
- Earn and spend XP on weapons, attachments and abilities
- Call in Combat Support such as Mortars, Howitzers and JDAMs, AH-1Z Helicopters and A-10 Warthogs
Eurogamer has a nice hands-on article that will tell you more about the game.
I loved the first game by Bohemian Interactive on the PC, hopefully this console version will be as good (or better).