Dragon Age II Patch 1.01 | PS3Blog.net
Bioware released a first patch for Dragon Age 2 on April 19, 2011. In our review of the title, we mentioned the host of (more or less minor) glitches that we’ve experienced with the title. Unfortunately, it looks as if these problems were not addressed in the patch. The bug fixes generally address oddities with companions’ armor and skills. Some minor quest problems have been fixed as well. Finally, Bioware remarks somewhat enigmatically that “[v]arious technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.” Best update: “Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.”
Full change log (beware of minor spoilers) after the break.
Dragon Age II 1.01
NOTE: Some plot fixes are retroactive, but not all. Players with plot-breaking
bugs may need to revert to an earlier save, particularly a save prior to
visiting the affected area during the current year in the game.
– The effects of various follower talents and item properties are now being
properly removed and re-applied when loading and saving.
– Anders’s default set of tactics will now activate Haste when appropriate.
– Aveline’s final armor upgrade is now available during “Favor and Fault.”
– Aveline’s Retaliation talent no longer imposes a delay when activated.
– The warrior’s Rally talent now functions as described.
– The rogue’s Lacerate talent now functions as described.
– Party members who are resurrected during a fight now rejoin combat properly.
– Hawke no longer gains random spells or talents after using the Maker’s Sigh
potion, then saving and reloading.
– Potions, poisons, grenades, and runes can now still be ordered from the Hawke
estate after the main campaign is complete.
– Various minor gameplay issues no longer occur.
[spoiler intro=”QUESTS” title=”(SPOILER WARNING)”]
– “Duty” will now appear on the Chanter’s Board even if the player accepted
all of the board’s quests before installing the Exiled Prince premium content.
– The journal for “Duty” will now update if the player left the Docks (Night)
area immediately after killing the Flint Company mercenaries.
– In “Finders Keepers,” the door to Woodrow’s Warehouse will now open if the
player steals the location to the warehouse from the harbormaster’s office.
– In “Finders Keepers,” if the player leaves Woodrow’s Warehouse before finding
the crate, it is now possible to return to the warehouse to complete the quest.
– In “Herbalist’s Tasks,” the varterral’s heart is now available even if
the player killed the varterral before receiving the quest.
– Merrill no longer refers to the aftermath of “A New Path” before the plot
has been completed.
– Varric is no longer confused about which character Hawke has been romancing.
– Various minor story-scripting issues no longer occur.
– The options menu now includes auto-attack.
– Armor values now adjust correctly when changing shields.
– Choosing a target at close range is now easier.
– The rogue’s Goad and Armistice talents now target party members directly.
– Hawke no longer gains excessive coin and experience from rapidly and
repeatedly completing a single side quest.
– Icons for the cross and circle buttons now display correctly on PS3 systems
in certain regions of Asia where those buttons are reversed.
– Various technical changes should improve performance and limit crashes.
Via Bioware forums