The points system has been completely re-coded from the ground up by the developers and I’ve spent the past 2 weeks getting my custom plugin working with it, and also customizing it just for us. Here are some of the new features:
- Point Notify: Whenever you earn points you will see a notification in the top right of the page showing you how many points you just earned or lost.
- What’s really cool about this is it will notify you on the next page you visit or refresh. Meaning if you were gone for a long time and came back, you would still get a points notice. For example, if you earned points while you’re away, say from a contest/bet, etc, you would get a notice for it.
- Custom Lottery/Gamble Pages: Completely customized pages for the 3 accounts you can donate points to. I’ll cover the new features lower down in this post.
- Your Lottery/Gamble Info: When a lottery is active it will show your entries and points used in the current giveaway. It will also show how many points you have gambled and won. Clicking the lottery/gamble avatar will take you to the custom page.
- Donate Message: When donating to the lottery or gamble account you can type in a message. This will only show on your personal points logs. So think of it like a note on what you donated about. This isn’t required to fill it out.
- Point Ranks: On every profile it will show a rank based on the points you have earned. Let me know if you have ideas for rank names.
- Point Logs: Logs are a little different. For example for points earned on blog posts and blog comments it will include a link to that blog/comment.
- Community Point Total: On your personal points logs at the bottom it will show points that all the members of PS3Blog.net have earned.
- Unrelated to this update, but I also put at the bottom of your personal logs page the date you joined PS3Blog.net
To access your personal points logs just click the points shown in top black menu that floats on the site or click the points link while viewing any profile.
More fun details about the custom lottery/gamble pages after the jump! I know your dying to find out, I can feel it.
Here are the 3 accounts you can use your points on:
Used for contests and giveaways
Used for contests and giveaways (only if there are 2 giveaways happening at once)
You can bet your points against other members here.
On the lottery account pages here is a overview of the new features:
- Your entries in the current Lottery
- Your chance of winning the lottery based on your entries. This does NOT factor in entries from outside PS3Blog.net … for example Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Your points used in current lottery.
- Total points from everyone in current lottery.
- Total entries from everyone in current lottery.
- Total lottery point log entries are dynamic based on the amount of lottery entries. So it will show all the entries on the same page.
- At the top of the page it will have a link to the latest giveaway/contest which is also dynamic.
- Shows the last 10 giveaway/contest posts at the bottom of the page.
- Lottery donations can be turned on or off at any time.
- Active: It will have the donation button, link to how to enter and your lottery stats.
- Disabled: A “Lottery Closed” with lock icon will appear.
Here is a overview of the gamble account page and the new features:
- It will display your points gambled.
- It will display your winnings in bets.
- The bet your points button has a drop down of set point amounts for betting: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250.
- Shows all the points in the gamble “pot”
- A list of the latest winners
At the top of the page it will have a link for the latest bets and another link for how to create a new bet.
Get out there and earn those points!
Written by: T0SH
- Owner of PS3Blog.net