Monthly Archives: April 2011
Although not officially announced, the new Need for Speed title, called The Run, is scheduled to hit store shelves this November (SHIFT Unleashed 2 was released maybe a month ago in comparison, but both have different development teams). Not …
Earlier today, Ubisoft released a new trailer for the new addition to the Driver franchise, entitled “Comeback”, which shows off some of the chases and a few clips of some of the in-game cutscenes. Although the premise is weird …
A lot of you are familiar with Telltale Games’ adventure games, and recently, they gave the Back to the Future franchise the TTG treatment. Back when that was announced, they also made mention of the Jurassic Park franchise getting it as well.
Although it is still slated for PC only, there’s still a chance it will hit consoles, and given the nearly 12 minute gameplay-only video above, signs point to an almost definite possibility. It’s scheduled for a Fall 2011 release.
And for humor’s sake, after the jump I have another video showcasing some of the stupidly funny deaths, some of which were shown in the video above.
Bethesda Softworks just released a behind the scene video of Hunted: Demon’s Forge, entitled, “Descent Into Mystery”. In the video, “Lucy Lawless and the team at inXile Entertainment delve into Hunted’s storyline and its characters.”
This game is …
The points system has been completely re-coded from the ground up by the developers and I’ve spent the past 2 weeks getting my custom plugin working with it, and also customizing it just for us. Here are some of the new features:
- Point Notify: Whenever you earn points you will see a notification in the top right of the page showing you how many points you just earned or lost.
- What’s really cool about this is it will notify you on the next page you visit or refresh. Meaning if you were gone for a long time and came back, you would still get a points notice. For example, if you earned points while you’re away, say from a contest/bet, etc, you would get a notice for it.
- Custom Lottery/Gamble Pages: Completely customized pages for the 3 accounts you can donate points to. I’ll cover the new features lower down in this post.
- Your Lottery/Gamble Info: When a lottery is active it will show your entries and points used in the current giveaway. It will also show how many points you have gambled and won. Clicking the lottery/gamble avatar will take you to the custom page.
- Donate Message: When donating to the lottery or gamble account you can type in a message. This will only show on your personal points logs. So think of it like a note on what you donated about. This isn’t required to fill it out.
- Point Ranks: On every profile it will show a rank based on the points you have earned. Let me know if you have ideas for rank names.
- Point Logs: Logs are a little different. For example for points earned on blog posts and blog comments it will include a link to that blog/comment.
- Community Point Total: On your personal points logs at the bottom it will show points that all the members of PS3Blog.net have earned.
- Unrelated to this update, but I also put at the bottom of your personal logs page the date you joined PS3Blog.net
To access your personal points logs just click the points shown in top black menu that floats on the site or click the points link while viewing any profile.
More fun details about the custom lottery/gamble pages after the jump! I know your dying to find out, I can feel it.
The Official PSBlog posted another Q&A Post today that addresses some more questions about the PSN intrusion.
Some highlights include:
They “expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday.” (So hopefully by Tuesday, May 3rd.) “However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.”
It says that all 77 million people have been, or will be, contacted via email by tomorrow. I received mine this morning.
They also revealed that a “new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored,” is being created.
All Credit card data was encrypted, however, the personal information was not encrypted.
The entire post is re-posted below for your convenience.