So what are the new events? They’re basically drag events (one being a full mile where the highest trap speed wins the event, and the other a standard, heads-up quarter mile). And since drag racing is all about shift times, there is no automatic transmission option in these modes, as it is all done with a manual transmission (and traction control is turned off). It might not be as realistic as, say, the IHRA Motorsports titles (those go way too in-depth to be user friendly; you have to really know what you’re doing in those games), but awesome for drag racing fans nonetheless. For these events, the HUD will be changed up a bit with a new gear indicator and rev counter.
What sounds really interesting is the 8 player head to head races, and the fact that you can now unlock 1000HP+ tuning options. Should be a lot of fun figuring out gearing and the like, having dedicated cars for each event (which is usually what I like to do; GT5 being a prime example of having specialized cars in my collection), etc.
Now all I need is a dedicated classic muscle car and/or hot rod pack and I will be a happy man.
There are 14 new cars, including two boss cars (1 for each event), and 6 new tracks, with 9 events per race mode. For a list of those, check the next tab.
|• Dodge Challenger R/T Speedhunters
• Lexus LFA Speedhunters
• Mazda RX-7 (FC3S) Speedhunters
• McLaren MP4-12C Speedhunters
• Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 Speedhunters
• Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Speedhunters
• Mitsubishi Lancer EVOLUTION IX MR-edition Speedhunters
• Nissan Fairlady 240ZG (S30) Speedhunters
• Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (C10) Speedhunters
• Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Speedhunters
• Pagani Huayra Speedhunters
• Toyota Supra Speedhunters
• Dodge Viper GTS by Twins Turbo (Rival/reward car)
• World Racing Pro-FWD Reaper Scion tC (Rival/reward car)
|• Miyatomi Drag Strip
• Miyatomi Mile
• Aguera Drag Strip
• Agueda Aerodrome
• Nevada Drag Strip
• Nevada Freight Yard
Written by: Jay
- Community Manager / Editor-In-Chief