Yakiniku Bugyou and Rapid Angel are two recent PSN PSX Japanese Import games from Monkey Paw games. Hit the Tabs to learn more about the games, and to win one or both games!
In Yakiniku Bugyou, you are the aspiring yakiniku, or grilled meat, master! It is basically a barbecue simulation game, sorta like Cooking Mama.
Various customers, plucked from the spectrum of society, line up at your restaurant. There’s a fiery redheaded punk rocker, a number of svelte maidens, and a few plain old fat ones. Each of the 15 patrons have different preferences – rare, medium rare, well done. Overcook the meat and face the wrath of a spurned and furious customer. Do it just right and watch as your patron savors every morsel.
The deep puzzler gameplay requires gamers to strategically place numerous pieces of meat on a grill with different heat levels and carefully flip them to culinary perfection as customers await. Up to 12 pieces of food may be thrown on the grill at once but since the foods appear randomly, one must work quickly to make sure that each customer does not wait too long for their order.
Food that is kept too long on the grill will also tend to stick. Graphical stylings include grill lines on meat when they’ve been sufficiently seared and smoke trails that rise as the meat sizzles.
The game features voice acting to portray emotions of the many patrons that will certainly come hungry. A two-player competitive mode and survival mode also keep the grilling missions fresh and fiery.
Rapid Angel is a classic Anime style side scrolling game that is sure to bring back memories.
This combination beat-em up and platformer has something special for those with a subtle eye for Japanese ingenuity. The graphics are very stylish and well-crafted. The game play goes back to the old days of running, jumping and fighting, picking up gems and coins for points and food to replenish your life. You can choose between three anime girls to be your heroine, each with her own fighting style.
The characters all have strong personalities and anime fans will fall for their voice. Anime humor is present as well, like the sweat drops appearing on you and the enemy when the enemy does something totally awkward or strange. Attention to detail is a mark of every great game and Rapid Angel will keep you amazed.
The game’s finest features come in the character’s depth. Each heroine has a vast array of moves, blocks, powers and subtle nuances that make the game a unique and long-lasting play.
Monkey Paw Games has graciously donated 5 PSN codes for each game, and you now have a chance to win one. Please note that the codes are for the USA Storefront only.
- [Worth up to 6 Entries] Click the button above to buy lottery entries with points earned on PS3Blog.net. Each ticket is 30 points each, please donate only once a day. Here are all the possible ways to earn points.
- After you donate, refresh the page to see your entry in the list on the right. On the left, you can see your chance of winning the lottery, points spent on the lottery, and how many times you entered the lottery.
- [Worth 1 Entry] Follow @ps3blogdotnet & @MonkeyPawGames on Twitter. On the lottery page there will be a tweet button. You just have to click that & tweet the exact text in the pop-up. Then a notification will pop up saying your entry was successful. Press ok & your entry is complete.
- This will cost you 12 points
- [Worth 1 Entry] First be a fan of our our Facebook page. On the left sidebar there is a [Giveaway] link. Go there & at the bottom there is a “Enter Contest” button you can click for your Facebook entry. Note: Make sure your logged into PS3Blog.net before you click the button.
- This will cost you 10 points
- Be sure to like Monkey Paw Games on Facebook too! Since they are providing the codes for this giveaway.
- [Worth 1 Entry] Subscribe to our YouTube Channel. We will post a bulletin. Follow the link & it will count as your YouTube entry. Note: Make sure your logged into PS3Blog.net before you click the link.
- This will cost you 8 points
- You get a bonus 3 entries if you make a funny video saying why you want to win. Just link to it in the comments below.
You have until August 3rd, Midnight MST to get your entries in.
We will pick winners at random on August 4th.
Written by: Oly
- Senior PR Manager