Archive for August, 2011
At CES 2011, this was demoed as a mere concept, now it’s scheduled to be a real shipping product.
- Twin 720p OLED displays. Supposedly this provides higher image quality than traditional LCD displays.
- Optical lenses give the viewer a widescreen 45-degree horizontal viewing angle. The lenses simulate a 750-inch virtual screen with a virtual viewing distance of approximately 20m (quoted from Sony PR, yes they are mixing metric/English units).
- Stereoscopic 3D support that works at full brightness that is 100% crosstalk free.
- HDMI in and HDMI passthrough
- Requires wired connection to separate processing box.
- Integrated Virtual Surround Sound Audio.
Battlefield 3 is easily one of the most anticipated games this year. It is the direct sequel to the 2005 hit, Battlefield 2, and arguably the eleventh installment in the Battlefield franchise. Developed by the Swedish company Digital Illusions CE (DICE) and published by Electronic Arts, the game will run on the new Frostbyte 2 engine. Frostbyte 2 will offer more destruction, advanced sound, and incredible graphics. A new character animation technology called ANT, used in games such FIFA, will be implemented into the gameplay. ANT will offer a more realistic player movement mechanics; for example, the ability to transition into cover, turn head before body and mount weapons on almost any surface you encounter.
The battlefield series was always known for the huge multiplayer battles, allowing players to pilot a variety of vehicles and engage in team-based combat. Battlefield 3 will offer all of the previous … and more.
Leaked Details of Modern Warfare 3′s “Hardened Edition” was posted by an unknown source on Wired.com prior to COD XP.
According to the poster, The Hardened edition will contain the following:
Read the rest of this entry »
Finally announced to be coming this November, is the Urban Camouflage DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller! I will definitely be picking this one up next time I need a dualshock.