PAYDAY: The Heist Coming Next Week | PS3Blog.net
PAYDAY: The Heist is scheduled to be available on Oct. 18 via digital download on the PlayStation®Network. In PAYDAY: The Heist, players take on the role of a hardened career criminal and engage in a number of high-stakes, death defying heists in a never-ending pursuit of the next “big score.”
“This online co-op shooter game features six dynamic heists based in a variety of urban settings that demand quick thinking, strategy, and above all else, teamwork. Each scenario makes FPS fans prove their worth — a heist is only successful with a solid trigger finger and cooperative team defenses. Players must survive constant pursuit of ever increasing numbers of law enforcement and its adaptive police tactics that allow them to continuously shift their strategies based on player actions. Players must work together to accomplish strategic tasks such as guarding key positions, keeping civilians in check, and cracking through various security measures.”
- Six High-Intensity Heists: Whether you’re blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.
- Interactive Co-op Gameplay: Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring in the “big score.” Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regenerate wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures – it’s all for one and one for all.
- Endless Replayability: Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior, shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling through skylights on ropes, SWAT teams crashing through the windows and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.
- Massive Character Progression Tree: Players choose a specialty — assault, sharpshooter or support — to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.
- Shout-Out Button: Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.
- Hostage Trading: Hostages can be used as lifelines. If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crewmembers back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.
More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY — a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game — is total OVERKILL.
PAYDAY: The Heist is scheduled to be available in North America on Oct. 18 for $19.99 USD via digital download on the PlayStation®Network.
Source: Press Release