Paradox Interactive has announced that “Defenders of Ardania” will be released on the PSN in December. The game is looking great, and I am excited to check it out. Hit the jump for a lot more info on the game.
Defenders of Ardania (DoA) is a next-generation tower defense game set in the
rich fantasy world of Majesty, but with a twist. Besides the addictive core
mechanics of placing towers to stop advancing enemy units, DoA also allows
players to take on the role of the attackers seeking to conquer the enemy base.
DoA’s innovative new game concepts include light RTS elements, taking the
popular genre to the next level. Players must oversee unit production and upgrades
while assembling the most effective army from one of three playable races, each
with unique locations, towers, and units. However, without magic, a fantasy game
is little more than a toothless lion (or dragon, rather), so a wide range of spells will
be available for players to decimate their enemies and protect their forces.
Although DoA includes a single-player portion, the focus of the game is
undoubtedly multiplayer, where two to four players can take each other on or
compete against AI opponents via Internet, LAN, or PSN. The multiplayer
component offers three different game modes where players can assume either
the defensive or offensive sides – or both!
• An intriguing new take on the massively popular tower defense genre: players
lead both offensive and defensive operations
• Ardania: the world of Majesty with three playable races and their unique
• Defense: 24 different upgradeable towers to erect against the invading enemy
• Attack: 24 varied units with diverse attributes to assemble into an offensive
• Strong multiplayer component with a variety of game modes for up to four
• Interactive environment that affects gameplay
• A wide range of offensive and defensive spells
Source: Press Release
Written by: Oly
- Senior PR Manager