Gran Turismo 5 fans are treated with a new update for the PS3 exclusive racer. The new update will bring the game to version 2.03 and add a bunch of improvements to the experience. Along with the update, 2 DLC will be available for purchase as of today. Starting off with the all new Car Pack 3, priced at $5.99, which will include six cars: the astonishing Lamborghini Aventador, Jaguar XJR-9 LM, Ashton Martin V12 Vantage, 66′ Volkswagen 1200, Mini Cooper S Countryman, and the Nissan Leaf.
A new test Course pack will also be available for the price of $3.99. The course pack will feature Route X test course, best described by PlayStation blog as a “massive oval with giant banking corners”.
Here is Update 2.03 full details:
– 12 new My Home theme colors and 12 new wallpapers for (GT Mode) have been added to the game. Please find these from the [My Home Settings]-[My Home Design] menu on the left side of the screen.
– Tire wear speed prediction has been added to the pit stop decisions in B-Spec, to prevent tires from wearing out completely during long races.
– Regenerative braking (which recovers energy by converting kinetic energy into electricity) in electric cars have been made stronger to extend driving distance.
– Electric cars will now also creep forward (as in standard automatic cars) when the brake is released without pressing the accelerator.
– Regarding the Chaparral 2J race car’s performance points, the increased performance factor due to the downforce produced by the fan is now calculated.
Correction of Known Issues:
– A issue has been corrected where the car would pit in unintentionally during the last lap of a B spec race.
For more details on upcoming Gran Turismo 5 DLC stay tuned to PS3Blog.net
Written by: Cheeto
- News Contributor