The newly revealed DUALSHOCK 4 has a similar look to the DUALSHOCK 3, with some great enhanced as well as new features. These features include:
- A new highly sensitive six-axis sensor
- Fine-tuned Dual analog sticks with a new surface
- Newly designed L2/R2 buttons
- A new “Options” button that combines “Select” and “Start”
- A new “Share” button that allows new co-op features, game image/video shares and more
- A new touch pad similar to that on the back of the PS Vita
- A new light bar with LED that illuminates in various colors (see below)
- A built-in speaker and headset jack to deliver high-fidelity sound effects from the games
There was also revealed “a dual camera which can sense the depth of the environment in front of it and also track the 3D location of the controller via its light bar. The new camera incorporates four microphones capable of accurate sound detection and source origination, and it will support the PlayStation Move motion controller with more precision than ever before.”
I personally really like the look of the DUALSHOCK 4 and can’t wait to get my hands on one. What do you think?
For a more indepth look, check out all the details on the official PlayStation Blog here.
Written by: Oly
- Senior PR Manager