Archive for July, 2013
We’re back! We were off last week due to the July 4th holiday. Some of us had work and some of us were out of town. Though the trio is finally together again as Xya is able to join us after her hiatus.
Tune in to this weeks episode to hear us ramble on about the news from the past week.
SPECIAL NOTE: Unfortunately WordPress does not embrace contractions in the secret word and since I already uploaded the podcast I didn’t get to test it out in time. So you’ll hear the secret word in the podcast, but you’ll have to type it out without the contraction. So for example if I said the secret word was “Don’t do it” you’d have to type in “Do not do it.” Sorry for the inconvenience!
A few days ago, Hideo Baba, the producer for the “Tales of” series announced on the official PlayStation.Blog that the follow-up to the Japanese-RPG Tales of Xillia (which will be released August 6th in NA, and August 9th in EU), Tales of Xillia 2 would be localized and released in 2014.
Tales of Xillia 2 has been out since October 2012 in Japan, and even though we knew that Tales of Xillia would be localized, there had been no word on the sequel.
This news comes only a month after the confirmation that Tales of Symphonia HD Collection (including Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a new world) would also be released exclusively to PS3 in 2014.
I really can’t wait for the release of Tales of Xillia (be sure to read my full review!), and I’m now even more trilled to see that we’ll also get the sequel next year!
The Martian Manhunter has been revealed as the newest character for Injustice: Gods Among Us. Also Jon Stewart the second Green Lantern has been revealed as the alternate skin that fans have been asking for.
Ed Boon executive producer for NetherRealm Studios tweeted
“Today, we’re announcing, that tomorrow (Tuesday) we’re announcing, that at EVO we will be revealing new info on future INJUSTICE DLC.”
Today he did indeed announce that they will be debuting a new character for Injustice: God’s Among us this weekend during EVO and have a full gameplay trailer.
Who do you think it will be? Smart money would be on The Martian Manhunter in a Shapeshifting type character similar to Shang Tsung.
This would be the first DLC character not included in the Season Pass, it is unknown at this point if there will be a “season 2 pass”.
Also they could soon be announcinga GOTY edition and a Vita version, as it was recently listed on Amazon’s France website.
The Giana Sisters are back, and just in time for their 25th anniversary!
* Challenging levels: Discover three distinctive worlds with a total of 23 levels, which can be transformed from a colorful dream to an eerie nightmare at the push of a button.
* Personal style: Regardless whether you dash through the levels in speed-run or take your time to explore every last corner, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams offers something for everyone.
* Superb graphics: Dreamlike landscapes transform themselves from lush, resplendent surroundings into surreal, withered nightmare worlds, in which there are always new details to discover.
* Intriguing puzzles: Blocked paths open up when Giana transforms herself; lovely flowerbeds mutate into deadly thorn bushes, and some diamonds can only be gathered in one form or the other.
* Diverse playing modes: The game is challenging in normal mode, but it can be a truly harrowing experience in hardcore and super-hardcore modes.
* Legendary soundtrack: Listen to Chris Hülsbeck’s music as it transitions from the classic chiptunes to the metal riffs of the Swedish SID-rockers, Machinae Supremacy.
* Epic boss-battles: Whether devilish demons or powerful end-bosses, you will need every trick in your arsenal to defeat your opponents.