Zeboyd Games is a small independent studio that specializes in retro J-RPGs, and their latest game is getting Kickstarted. Cosmic Star Heroine, their new project, will be a 16-bits “Sci-Fi/Spy RPG” for the PSN (Vita and PS4), and PC/Mac.
New turn-based RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World. Inspired by Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star & Suikoden. PC/Mac/PS4/Vita.
I played all of their previous games on Steam, and (being a retro J-RPG lover) I enjoyed all of them, A LOT! Here is a quick wrap-up of their portfolio:
- Breath of Death VII: Their first game, a 8-bit JRPG in the veins of Dragon Warrior I.
- Cthulhu Saves the World: A 16-bits JRPG in which you incarnate Cthulhu, but instead of being an evil guy, you’re actually saving the world (hence the game name)!
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3: A 16-bit JRPG in which you are a detective.
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4: The follow-up to Rain Slick 3.
The Kickstarter is live, and the public response is already very impressive: almost half of the requested $100,000 has been funded in the first few hours!
If you’re interested in this game genre, you can definitely help this project. Pledging as little as $10 nets you the game when it’s released on the platform of your choice! You do have to consider that, for now, only the North American PSN will be seeing a release for the game.
Written by: Ceidz
- Owner / Website Manager / Contributing Editor