Monthly Archives: October 2013
One dark moonlit night, a young boy named Kutaro was carried away by the maleficent Moon Bear King to a black castle where the unlucky lad was transformed into a puppet.
Kutaro displeased the terrible tyrant, who devoured the boy’s wooden head and cast away his body. But the headless hero was not alone, for he had discovered a very special pair of scissors to help him on his harrowing adventure to find his head, and his way home.
Puppeteer is a brand new franchise developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 system by SCE JAPAN Studio. Set in a magical puppeteer’s theatre, this title will introduce you to a strange and fantastic world, where the environment is constantly changing. Players will enjoy a rich, dark fairytale where surprises lurk around every corner.
– Swappable Heads – The unique ability to change your head anytime you choose. Lose your head and you lose a life. Use your head and discover that you have the ability to change the world – Unique Platforming – Wielding a pair of magical scissors, Kutaro cuts and crops his way through the adventure – Dynamic Interactive Sets – Mesmerizing stage sets continually change to take you on a journey of discovery that will surprise and thrill – Theatrical Storytelling – Audience, lights, sets, music and narration all combine to create a mesmerizing, unique storytelling experience
In this psychological survival adventure, the masked protagonist must escape from a city ravaged by disease, by any means necessary. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut is a new kind of adventure where the choice of how to survive is up to you. Sneak through without firing a single shot, or kill everything in your path. Eat and sleep well, or resort to drugs to keep going. Search for survivors, or try to escape the city alone. Look after your mental health, or descend into madness. Lone Survivor is a game where your choices genuinely matter. This extended edition of Jasper Byrne’s horror masterpiece expands Lone Survivor’s deep story with hundreds of tiny new details, more locations, more dialogue, more side quests, more craftable items, and even two completely new endings. Lone Survivor: The Director’s Cut really is the ultimate version of this acclaimed game.
One of the most impressive hidden-object adventure games ever made, now available in the PlayStation®Store in a sumptuous high-definition edition! Help out James Voodoo as he investigates mysterious attacks through the forsaken hamlet of Ravenhill, the wealthy city of Richtown, and a variety of breathtaking sceneries inspired by major fiction genres: adventure, film noir, thriller, steam punk, and more!
– Sumptuous HD 1080p graphics
– More than 50 breathtaking scenes to investigate
– 15 hidden-object scenes, with hundreds of hidden objects to spot
– 13 puzzle games
– A captivating story told through voice acting, animations and cut scenes
– Over 15 atmospheric music tracks
– Support for PlayStation®Move controllers (DUALSHOCK® controllers also supported)
– 1 or 2 players.
Zeboyd Games is a small independent studio that specializes in retro J-RPGs, and their latest game is getting Kickstarted. Cosmic Star Heroine, their new project, will be a 16-bits “Sci-Fi/Spy RPG” for the PSN (Vita and PS4), and PC/Mac.
New turn-based RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World. Inspired by Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star & Suikoden. PC/Mac/PS4/Vita.
I played all of their previous games on Steam, and (being a retro J-RPG lover) I enjoyed all of them, A LOT! Here is a quick wrap-up of their portfolio:
- Breath of Death VII: Their first game, a 8-bit JRPG in the veins of Dragon Warrior I.
- Cthulhu Saves the World: A 16-bits JRPG in which you incarnate Cthulhu, but instead of being an evil guy, you’re actually saving the world (hence the game name)!
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3: A 16-bit JRPG in which you are a detective.
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4: The follow-up to Rain Slick 3.
The Kickstarter is live, and the public response is already very impressive: almost half of the requested $100,000 has been funded in the first few hours!
If you’re interested in this game genre, you can definitely help this project. Pledging as little as $10 nets you the game when it’s released on the platform of your choice! You do have to consider that, for now, only the North American PSN will be seeing a release for the game.
Starting September 26, 2013. US residents can participate in a contest administered by PrizeLogic and is being sponsored by Taco Bell along with Sony. I mention the administrator of the contest because this is very important to this topic. Prizelogic and companies like them are contacted by the sponsors to administer the contest. They run the whole show basically. You may remember them for throwing the “Taste for adventure” contest where participants went in to a local Subway restaurant to get codes from cups, stickers, and chips in order to try to win a copy of Uncharted 3. I bring this up because Taco Bell threw a similar contest for the PlayStation Vita launch titled “Unlock The Box” in 2012.
Ubisoft just announced that Amazon will offer a limited edition exclusive version of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag – the Lethal Pirate Edition. This features Black Bart, the infamous pirate. For $10 more, you can upgrade to the Lethal Pirate …